Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Do you like your 2013-2015 Rav4 but can't stand your factory radio? Are you tired of the screen completely washing out when the sun hits it and the Bluetooth only connecting 5/10 times? What about the treble, mid and bass settings going back to defaults randomly?? Well this is the post for you. I have attached all the documents and posts that I found online in one spot to change your radio and integrate the factory backup camera. With all that is attached, I successfully installed the new Pioneer AVIC 8100NEX along with the iDataLink Maestro SW and now LOVE my car!!

**Note for you Rav4 Limited people** - You HAVE to bypass your factory amplifier located in the rear quarter panel. Once you connect the wires coming from your head unit to the factory JBL speakers, you MUST cut the wire going to the factory amp or there will be massive feedback in the speakers and it will sound like complete garbage...

This should help you out tremendously!!!! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys! Do you like your 2013-2015 Rav4 but can't stand your factory radio? Are you tired of the screen completely washing out when the sun hits it and the Bluetooth only connecting 5/10 times? What about the treble, mid and bass settings going back to defaults randomly?? Well this is the post for you. I have attached all the documents and posts that I found online in one spot to change your radio and integrate the factory backup camera. With all that is attached, I successfully installed the new Pioneer AVIC 8100NEX along with the iDataLink Maestro SW and now LOVE my car!!

**Note for you Rav4 Limited people** - You HAVE to bypass your factory amplifier located in the rear quarter panel. Once you connect the wires coming from your head unit to the factory JBL speakers, you MUST cut the wire going to the factory amp or there will be massive feedback in the speakers and it will sound like complete garbage...

This should help you out tremendously!!!! :D
Hi. I am wondering if the wiring information good for 2013 RAV4 XLE with a H key?:smile

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone install a Pioneer in a 2018 XLE version? Just trying to figure out the exact parts I’d need. No JBL or Push to Start & I have a back-up camera.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you Bagels for posting this wonderful information! Just picked up a 2013 RAV4 limited a couple months ago and currently trying to install a 3000W peak Class D Boss Audio amplifier with dual 12 inch Renegade subwoofers. I created a separate thread on how to install an amplifier and subwoofer because there isn't a thread out there specifically for that and this information greatly helps.

·
Registered
2013 RAV4 XLE AWD
8 Posts
Wanted to thank you for the reverse wire photo. Helped me find it easily for my install. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts