Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Everything you need to install an aftermarket radio

56K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Vinnie_Madrox 
#1 ·
Hey guys! Do you like your 2013-2015 Rav4 but can't stand your factory radio? Are you tired of the screen completely washing out when the sun hits it and the Bluetooth only connecting 5/10 times? What about the treble, mid and bass settings going back to defaults randomly?? Well this is the post for you. I have attached all the documents and posts that I found online in one spot to change your radio and integrate the factory backup camera. With all that is attached, I successfully installed the new Pioneer AVIC 8100NEX along with the iDataLink Maestro SW and now LOVE my car!!

**Note for you Rav4 Limited people** - You HAVE to bypass your factory amplifier located in the rear quarter panel. Once you connect the wires coming from your head unit to the factory JBL speakers, you MUST cut the wire going to the factory amp or there will be massive feedback in the speakers and it will sound like complete garbage...

This should help you out tremendously!!!! :D

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Thank you Bagels for posting this wonderful information! Just picked up a 2013 RAV4 limited a couple months ago and currently trying to install a 3000W peak Class D Boss Audio amplifier with dual 12 inch Renegade subwoofers. I created a separate thread on how to install an amplifier and subwoofer because there isn't a thread out there specifically for that and this information greatly helps.

#8 ·
Anyone tries to retain the factory rear camera I just tried with an non branded android HU they identify this HU as Alps YT9216B , it comes with a canbus and retain pretty much everything but the reverse camera. I can make it work manually but if I try shifting the gear to reverse it won't display or switch the screen to the rear camera, in short words it is there working but not switching directly.

#12 ·
#13 ·
Alright well Dasaita offers all the support you need and as far I understand it is fully compatible, in my case I purchased we can say the same stereo but unbranded on ebay for a cheaper price, sometimes you have to ask for the right harness to the seller. Under my perspective, i must say both stereos are the same but with Dasaita, they are selling their experience, their own stereo layer, in short words if you just want to plug and play Dasaita is your choice but if you have time and want to save money, you can purchase the same stereo unbranded but you have to invest time customizing the stereo by yourself because it doesn't come with Dasaita layer, making numbers, I'd pay in total $175 USD instead of almost $500 USD for the Dasaita version.

#14 · (Edited)
I recently ordered a 9" head unit for my 2016 RAV4 (Joying 9 inch Toyota RAV4 2013-2018 Aftermarket Radio With Powerful Android 10.0 System). In addition I also ordered the DVR and the CanBus. Here are some pictures. The factory backup camera is supported. So far I have two problems with the HU. One got resolved. One is still on going.

First problem is the LTE. I got 4g signal but no internet connection. The APN coming with the unit is wrong for my SIM card. My carrier won't let me edit the APN nor create a new one. I followed some XDA forum advice and inserted another SIM card which will let me create a brand new APN and then I swapped back the original SIM card to use the new APN entry. Now the problem is solved.

Second problem is still on going. The GPS is very unreliable. Sometimes I got no signal. Sometimes the HU can fix on the satellite signals and won't last long. I moved the GPS antenna to different locations and even on the car roof top. After numerous trials, I find a spot the GPS signal is stable (cross fingers). But I have ordered a different GPS antenna which will arrive in a few weeks. I think the GPS antenna is the problem.

Plant Radio Satellite radio Vehicle Car
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Plant Automotive lighting
Radio Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Vehicle audio
Motor vehicle Vehicle audio Automotive design Electronic device Audio equipment
Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Vehicle audio

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.