223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just cant believe that !:crying

i know it got torque but :surprise!!!

i think i will take a lawyer !

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
In Quebec, isn't that considered dangerous driving as well? put a wood block under the right pedal! lol good luck with the ticket!

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
Converts to 80mph in a 45! :egad:That's pretty serious in the USA too!

·
Registered
96 Posts
In some cases going 20mph over the limit could result in jail time here in the USA. Ease up on that throttle son!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,712 Posts
"But officer, you don't understand! It's got the V6!!!"

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 more kilometer and the 70 zone become a 100 zone ! but i ask the police to see the radar and he said no !
cause im pretty sure i was 119

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
For those that don't know.......

In Ontario, someone caught driving more than 49 kph over the posted speed limit, can be charged with "Stunt Driving".

If you are charged with stunt driving

• Your license is taken away on the spot and suspended for 7 days

• You have to go to the Ministry of Transportation and pay $180 to get your license back
  • Your car gets impounded for 7 days even if it belongs to your mom or it is a rental car. To retrieve the car the owner must pay the towing fess and storage fees for the 7 days
  • The record of the 7 day suspension is placed on your drivers abstract for 3 years which will result in dramatic insurance increases
The fine for stunt driving is double the fine for drunk driving. If convicted .......

• The minimum fine is $2000 and can go as high as $10,000. You could also end up with 6 months in jail and a 2 year license suspension.
This law was introduced after a truck driver was killed as a result of street racing on one of Ontario's major highways. (STORY)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Slow down before you kill or injure innocent people on the road. You're lucky I'm not a judge, if I was "the book" would be heading your way.:frown

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
BUSTED! THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i know i know !!!

I have hire a lawyer ... still i cant believe i went that fast !

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well you were lucky that you were not over here because until the end
of January 4 kph ( yes only four ) over ANY speed limit including the 100 kph
open road limit and an instant ticket will be issued.

However over 40 kph above should result in an instant on the spot ban of 28 days
and would to any New Zealander. So as you can imagine there has been a lot
of muttering about this:-

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/news/75805952/british-youtube-star-caught-going-141kmh-in-new-zealand

Quite frankly a lot of us are disgusted with the Police officer in that story.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Stupid story. A British "youtube" star doesn't know what kilometers are? What a knob. My daughter has spent 1 1/2 years in Auckland for her Master's Degree and when I visited her last year I made damn sure what the drivings rules were.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here only anything 20 kph over the speed limit will get you stopped. The first time I almost got a ticket was when the speed limit went from 130 kph to 50 kph in about 100-150 yards and the police officer is standing in the middle of the "highway" with a radar gun. After he showed me he clocked me at 101. He wanted the equivalent of $20 for the ticket, I got off with giving him the equivalent of $8 in his pocket. That was the first and last time I was stopped for speeding here. I was familiar with the laws of the road here but I had never seen an interstate checkpoint like that before. 50-100 yards after I got on the road again the speed limit was 130 again.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it is a HIGHWAY

it is funny the comment in here..

here in Quebec on the highway, the cops tolerate 17 above the speed limit ...

the thing is i was in the 70 zone in straight line just a few yards to be at the 100 zone ...

Anyway !
i spoke with 2 cops and they both tell me that the cops WAS way out of line giving me Excessive Speeding...

Anyway i will contest this to get a reduce sentence

1 - 16 of 16 Posts