Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to cut out and weld an aftermarket muffler into the OEM piping but would like some input from those who have experience with this. i have a v6 rav4 and I'm ultimately trying to avoid drone. I will KEEP the OEM resonator near the end piping.

I looked into the dynomax VT but am really turned off by the valve rattle. The rattle is simply inevitable.

I've had a pleasant experience with Borla in the past but don't know how well it'll pair up with the rav4.

Anyone run a borla muffler?

I'm ultimately keeping the oem resonator as well because I dont really need the noise. My goal with this system is to free up power and maybe some gas mileage? From what I gather the OEM resonator is pretty much hollow?

Please share your thoughts, and advice.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Use the search feature as there are plenty of threads dealing with mufflers...also you can find stuff using Google that isn't on this site...I would recommend installing a welded seam muffler as they last longer than rolled/pressed...I've had good luck with flowmaster in the past...I think DynoMax makes a stock replacement that bolts and the tailpipe...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts