Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a new RAV4 2020, just a few weeks old. I can hear a metal ticking sound coming out from the car center underneath quite loud, pretty sure it is coming from the exhaust pipe. It happens after driving the car just after switching off the engine.
Could continue for 10 minutes and then stops. I couldn't see any leak or smell. Seems more like shrinking and expending metal sound.
Is this a normal for the new RAV4? I had a Honda before and never heard such sound.
I been told if it is an exhaust then it won't last more then 3 years, doesn't sounds like a Toyota to me.
Any ideas?

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
11,155 Posts
I've had several new cars that did that. It's simply contracting as it cools. Same with older cars with a new exhaust system. Your exhaust is stainless steel.

I been told if it is an exhaust then it won't last more then 3 years
Absurd and totally unfounded. Don't take any auto advice from whoever told you that.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I've had several new cars that did that. It's simply contracting as it cools. Same with older cars with a new exhaust system. Your exhaust is stainless steel.

Absurd and totally unfounded. Don't take any auto advice from whoever told you that.
I believe thay "thump" was the sound of @RTexasF dropping his microphone.

·
Registered
605 Posts
My old Subaru clicked and creaked like crazy, my Rav4 not as much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts