Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife bought me a seat of the extend seat rails for our 2012 Rav4 Limited AWD V6 (Power driver seat manual passenger seat)

Install on manual passenger seat was cake 15 minute and it works great. High Quality, Strong, Work Well, High Cost.

Install on driver power seat failed. Holes do not align to the seat. About 1/3 to 1/2 inch too short. Tried a few tricks no joy. (FYI retire mechanic machinist engineer with good tools)

So outside bending the seat metal legs or grinding / file work on the seat holes (Which I do not want to try) anyone else have this issue?

I have already send emails to Customer Service at Extend My Seat but given the weekend have not yet had a response.

Brent
Melbourne Florida

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I bet this set was designed only for manual seats. It appears the power driver seat need a different bracket. You should be able to return the driver side brackets for a refund. These are expensive and should fit and the manufacturer is at fault.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great high quality product. At least for my manual side. Once extend my seat responds I will post on their suggestions on how to proceed.

FYI

Before I bought them I asked if the rails work on power and manual seats.

The web site also states they work on both.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I removed the rails that fit on the passenger side (Manual seats) and compared them to the rails that did not fit on the driver side (Power seats)

The rails that do not fit on the driver side are significantly longer that the ones that work on the passenger side.

See attached photographs.

Brent

012 Toyota Rav 4 limited AWS V6

The extend rails work great on the NON powered passenger side seat. Easy fast install in 15 minuted.

I tried for a few hours to install the driver side but no joy.

They do not fit on the drivers side power seat bolt holes.
Holes do not line up that connect to the seat.
The floor bolts connect.
The seat holes seem aligned left to right but are about 1/3 to 1/2 inch too short to allow alignment with the seat.

I have photos

Regards

Brent Wahl
3995 Parkway Drive
Melbourne, FL
510 676 8397 CELL

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: Extendmyseat chatted on line and will get back to me in 24 to 72 hours.

I also swapped out the working manual passenger rails and successfully installed them on the powered driver seat. Install was mostly cake.

So as long as extend my seat fixes their end all should be well in the land of giants ...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will contact them Monday as no response after 72 hours.

I paid through Amazon so I hope they will fix this error shortly.

I love the one rail that fits so hoping they will come through soon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still No Action from Extend My Seat..... was told someone would contact me in 24 hours from Monday ....

Aaron
12:29:16
Usually our team is very responsive, we do apologise for the inconvenience. Please allow up to 24 hours for us to check further on this and reach out to you.
brent
12:29:18

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
email from a few days ago from extend my seat indicated they are moving forward to fix my issue.

"We will need to send you a return shipper and ship you a new bracket"
I will post once I get the new correct sized seat rail.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good news I received a shipment from Extend my seat today 02 - 14 - 2020.

Bad news they sent a second set of wrong rails ....

Contacted them and hope to get it straightened out soon.

Email And Photo Sent To Company Follows below

It is clear from my inspection and install work the one I need is clearly in the photos I sent.
There must be some error or miscommunication.
A call would be best to clear the issue up.
Wrong set of rails on the left. Correct set of rails the are on the right in this photo,
The left side parts do not fit the driver or passenger side of my 2012 Rav4.
The right side parts fit Both the driver and passenger side of my 2012 Rav4.

Wrong Left Right Correct 2012 Rav 4.jpeg

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL.

Extend my seat rails are well made and work great. Great product when you have the right one.

Must be some form of mislabeled product. Or wrong product put in the right box.

2012 Rav4 is the last year of its' series so could be some mix up somewhere.

Just wish I could get the final correct rails. The one correct one (Right side) fits both driver and passenger seats on my 2012.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wow, I can't believe they sent the wrong ones again. May your patience hold out until you get the right ones.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have contacted extend my seat a few weeks ago and over a month with no fast action. I still love the one product I received that fits my 2012 but do not understand what is holding up them to fit my issue. If they do not respond with some action to correct their mistake I will post again. If anyone has related info please post.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts