Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one had success with the Extend My Seat brackets? I recently purchased a set for my 2011 Sport. The brackets are too wide to fit. They rest on the centre hump and under seat vent, not on the floor. I contacted the support at Extend My Seat but I get only stupid suggestions; i.e.: turn the bracket around, or switch it left and right. I would really like a couple more inches to roll back the seat but these don't seem to work at all. They were so expensive I thought they would be much better. I would like to hear from any one with some experience with these brackets. Picture are appreciated.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I guess you missed the entire thread on here titled "Extend My Seat 2012 Limited Power vs Manual Seats". Maybe it'll help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did the box or boxes have part number labels on them? If so post such. For my 2012 the rails that did not fit came in a box with the following label.
IMG_4350.jpeg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Photo shows left one that does not fit marking. And right one that fits my 2012 marking. The one that fits I test installed on both the driver and passenger seat and works great on both. The one that does not fit does not install on either passenger or driver seats.
Wrong Left Right Correct 2012 Rav 4.jpeg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess you missed the entire thread on here titled "Extend My Seat 2012 Limited Power vs Manual Seats". Maybe it'll help.
I did have a look at that actually. It seems the issue there was the length of the brackets. My issue is width. If the brackets were narrower the would probably line up with the holes in the floor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Photo shows left one that does not fit marking. And right one that fits my 2012 marking. The one that fits I test installed on both the driver and passenger seat and works great on both. The one that does not fit does not install on either passenger or driver seats.
Do you have any pictures of the brackets installed you can share. I would be very interested to see them.

Also, the bracket doesn't follow the contour of the floor at the rear of the seat, (see the picture). Did you fill the gap with washers or something?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I did have a look at that actually. It seems the issue there was the length of the brackets. My issue is width. If the brackets were narrower the would probably line up with the holes in the floor.
But it's the same company, right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to close this issue, I returned the brackets to ExtendMySeat and they honoured their money back guarantee. Too bad I couldn't get the bracket to fit. I am going to try a different approach.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts