Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in those who bought the extended warranties on their '06 RAV's.

What kind of price did you pay?

What are the different options in years/miles?

What is your deductible?

Was it more for the 4x4 version?

and most importantly...

Were you able to haggle on specifics of the warranty? Did you try to get the 4x4 at the 4x2 price? Did you try to reduce the deductible amount? How flexible were the terms?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Good question! I have never even considered buying an extended warranty before but with this being a first model year, and with the vast quantities of unproven technology on board, I am actually considering buying one. If I were to buy it, it would be the 84 month 160,000 km (100,000 miles) plan because I put on relatively few km's each year. My 9 year old 1997 Rav has only 113,000 km on it but I figure that I will do a few more road trips with the new model because it should be much quieter and smoother riding on the highway. I should also point out that it had I bought an extended warranty for my 1997 Rav, I would never have made a claim.

·
Registered
179 Posts
We got the extended warranty with our 06 RAV, for one reason only: At the end of the term, the dealer will refund the full cost of the warranty if we never make a claim against it. We paid $925 for 6yr/75000mi.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Since my RAV4.2 was my first brand new car and also the first year of a new model design, I bought the extended warranty for 5 years, 100,000 miles. I don't remember the price, but I'm pretty sure it was less than jabba2000 paid. For me, I think that since I had the extended warranty, the dealerships hassled me less about fixing certain things that they otherwise would have balked at. And in some cases, the dealership gave me discounts on service/repair items that weren't covered by the warranty... just because I had the warranty. Go figure. In the end, I think it paid for itself or broke even.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
thats a great idea.. Our dealer did not offer such a thing or we may have bit..

jabba2000 said:
We got the extended warranty with our 06 RAV, for one reason only: At the end of the term, the dealer will refund the full cost of the warranty if we never make a claim against it. We paid $925 for 6yr/75000mi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts