Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awaiting delivery for HV Limited and I’m considering purchasing piece of mind with Toyota Extra Care Protection.
Toyota offers multiple variants of extended warranty. Gold and Platinum programs are available ,up to 7 years and 200K

With my previous SUV (KIA) I managed to get extended warranty for about half of the advertised cost.
Has anyone tried to Haggle Toyota for a better rate ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Having had prii, there is a Toyota dealer in Greenfield Ma that was selling discount warranty's

Troy Dietrich
Toyota of Greenfield (MA)
(413) 772-0231

It won't hurt to ask.

Toyota's generally last forever, most feel an extended isn't necessary.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Jennifer at Wolverine Toyota in Michigan gave me the best deal on the Toyota extended warranty (5yr/125k for <$900). You can buy extended warranties from outside your state and it can even be after you purchase the car...

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Jennifer at Wolverine Toyota in Michigan gave me the best deal on the Toyota extended warranty (5yr/125k for <$900). You can buy extended warranties from outside your state and it can even be after you purchase the car...
This. She beat my local dealers "offer" (if you can even call it that) by over 1k.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Was this an actual Toyota warranty and not a third party?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Awaiting delivery for HV Limited and I’m considering purchasing piece of mind with Toyota Extra Care Protection.
Toyota offers multiple variants of extended warranty. Gold and Platinum programs are available ,up to 7 years and 200K

With my previous SUV (KIA) I managed to get extended warranty for about half of the advertised cost.
Also looking for the best Toyota dealer to purchase an actual Toyota ext warranty, thanks

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Seem to recall that Toyota VSAs (aka extended warranties) bought in the U.S. for U.S. vehicles will be honored by dealers in Canada, but that either U.S.- purchased warranties are not available for Canadian vehicles or will not be honored by Canadian dealers.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Toyota’s 10 yr /100K, 0 deductible retailed just under 4,400. Net cost to me was 2980. They mentioned if the 8” display was to crap out, that alone was over 4k to replace.

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,477 Posts
Toyota’s 10 yr /100K, 0 deductible retailed just under 4,400. Net cost to me was 2980. They mentioned if the 8” display was to crap out, that alone was over 4k to replace.
You could have gotten it for $1360 from Jennifer...

Check your inbox for a PM.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have found Toyotas to be exceptionally reliable. The only extended warranty I would buy would start at 120,000 miles and go to 250,000 miles. It's at that range where I started to have a few problems. Of course, nobody will sell me a warranty that covers a car in that range of miles. So, I keep the extended warranty money and will use it for any future repairs.

·
Registered
15 Posts

I got a 8 year, 75000 mile warranty from Midwest Toyota for $1035.00

Jerry Johnson
Warranty Manager
Midwest Toyota
Midwest Ford
Midwest Superstore
1100 east 30th
Hutchinson, Ks 67502
Phone 800-530-5789
Cell 620-664-8844
Email [email protected]

·
Registered
516 Posts
You way overpaid for yours. Also I had 8" display crap out in my other car, extended warranty covered the cost otherwise it would have been $1k, no way this would cost $4k

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have found Toyotas to be exceptionally reliable. The only extended warranty I would buy would start at 120,000 miles and go to 250,000 miles. It's at that range where I started to have a few problems. Of course, nobody will sell me a warranty that covers a car in that range of miles. So, I keep the extended warranty money and will use it for any future repairs.
Totally agree...and I will be hitting the 120k miles in around 4 years if nothing changes. If I could get a 240k/8 years that would be nice. 😁

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,477 Posts
I got a 8 year, 75000 mile warranty from Midwest Toyota for $1035.00
Wow, Jerry's prices have really gone up. I paid $659 for the exact same warranty back in 2011.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts