Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here, just got a 2017 rav4 hybrid...been reading for a while, now and made 2 posts...

I am wondering how many rav4 hybrid owners actually bought an extended warranty? would you guys recommend it? which length/miles of warranty would you pick and why?

I am coming from a 2002 honda crv lx, which is a non high tech car, the rav4 I got has way more tech..which concerns me, (power lift gate, navigation, dual aircon, computerized odometer, hybrid system, and other small electronic stuff) which I know would cost an arm and a leg if it breaks after 3 yrs, 36,000 warranty.

Thanks....happy rav4ing!

·
Registered
324 Posts
No extended warranty for me, but I lease. If I owned the car and planned to keep it well past the warranty period I would buy it. Sensors, cameras, LCD screens and other tech are very expensive to fix. The hybrid system is rock solid but I don't trust the infotainment system. I have heard of the screen dying and the cost to replace being well over $1000. Hard to recommend a length of time as I have no idea how long you plan on keeping your car nor the cost in your area. If it was me, I would go for an additional 4 years beyond the standard 36 month warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts