Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer is offering prepaid service plan for 55,000 miles at 5,000 intervals. This includes oil changes and 3 major services 15K, 30K, and 45K. The cost is $995 (no tax). This is through Toyota autocare and can be done at any dealership.

They also offer an extended warranty via GE Financial Services for 75K miles for $972 (no tax). This is with $100 deductible for repairs.

Anyone has opinions if its worth doing any of these options, for the prices given?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Assuming 11 oil changes at 55000 miles at 30 bucks an oil change plus the 15K, 30K, and 45K services. At the end you will save maybe 200 bucks or so. Not worth it in my opinion. As far as the GE extended warranty ,somehwere on this site is a link for the Toyota factory extended warranty for 7 years 75K miles for about $750 or so.

·
Registered
458 Posts
kc456 said:
The dealer is offering prepaid service plan for 55,000 miles at 5,000 intervals. This includes oil changes and 3 major services 15K, 30K, and 45K. The cost is $995 (no tax). This is through Toyota autocare and can be done at any dealership.

They also offer an extended warranty via GE Financial Services for 75K miles for $972 (no tax). This is with $100 deductible for repairs.

Anyone has opinions if its worth doing any of these options, for the prices given?

Thanks!
If you plan on keeping the car for several years. It's all about peace of mind Dude. Remember you can negotiate on extended warranties. As far as prepaid service. Hell, if your going to save a few hundred dollars and you don't DIY--go for it. It's like locking in the going rate on service repairs now. The cost for repairs will most likely only increase in the next few years.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The G Man said:
As far as the GE extended warranty ,somehwere on this site is a link for the Toyota factory extended warranty for 7 years 75K miles for about $750 or so.
Thanks. Does anyone has this link handy?

·
Registered
15 Posts
As an alternative to an extended warranty, it's possible your insurance carrier offers something comparable. Mine, Geico, offers "mechanical breakdown insurance" that costs only $30/year and carries a $250 deductible with coverage equivalent to the extended warranty.

Let us also not forget that one of the primary reasons we choose Toyota is because of their quality.

·
Registered
652 Posts
kc456 said:
Janos said:
Toyota's Platinum Extended warranty was offered to me for 7 year 75,000 miles for $680.
Are there deductibles?
$0 deductible, bumper to bumper.

Oh yea......and I forgot to mention that if the extended warranty is not used, the $680 is refunded.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I work for one of the GE businesses (but not financial though) so that's the first one I checked out. Had a hard time requesting copies of contract/coverages. It seems like you have to pay first before they will send you the complete details.
Geico's mechanical breakdown is not bumper to bumper. I did buy it for my other car but never got a chance to use it because it's a Honda.
I got a quote from Troy for the 7yr/75k miles $0 deductible for $600 but then again it only covers things that break and not things that malfunction.
warrantydirect.com seem to be true bumper to bumper but it's going to be $1000+.
I haven't made up my mind yet. On one hand it's a Toyota (i.e. very reliable) but on the other this is almost like a new product introduction.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts