Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to here - got my RAV4 in September 2004 - XT3 D4D in Silver. So far very impressed!!

My question is :-

:?: Has anyone fitted or got any ideas on fitting an extra light in the luggage area? The parcel shelf keeps an light out of the load area and makes it impossible to see anything when it is dark. There is an extra 12v socket that I could plug a torch into but I was after something better.

Sorry if this is not in the right section

Thanks

B

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the direct link Kelly. Wow J_and_C did a great job. Looks really nice. My RAV is a bit too young to be gettin all naked like that in order for me to install that... perhaps after I get some rattles back there or I get annoyed with the lack of light... :)

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All I did was to drill a 1.5 " hole on the left side of the cargo area about half way up, half way back and mounted a small circular light (top half chrome, bottom half translucent white) and connected it (+ and -) to the cargo light in the ceiling (just pop the light out). I removed the left side (top, side) of the rubber rear door seal and ran the wire behind this. Used vampire taps to tap into ceiling light, used coat hanger to fish wire to new light. Light comes on with ceiling light. Very easy mod and small light throws enough light to see fine, looks good too! Took about 30 minutes to complete.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts