Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 Hybrid XLE
13 Posts
Is there an unused connector on the OEM lights that this just plugs straight into? I have the same model as you

Sent from my IN2015 using Tapatalk
it connects via fuse tap to USB2. There are multiple versions available but mine are on all the time.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 HYBRID LIMITED
182 Posts
So the directions and fuse instructions included.....it would be on as soon as you turn the car on???
If you follow the install instructions provided they will be on as soon as you turn the car on. I'm thinking of tapping into the wires for the side marker lights so they come on together.

·
Registered
536 Posts
LOVE IT!! Ordered mine yesterday, and the remote from Amazon...

I dont like the hole drilled in the Fuse box...

I think, when it arrives, I would get a file a put a small Notch in the side of the plastic fuse box, wherever the wire would exit ....

Also, I would get a small ( 1/4 ) rubber hose, and feed the wires through it by the Fender (esp. ) for a cleaner look...

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE Premium
148 Posts
I plan on using a cable gland

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
This looks pretty interesting but I think it’s a little too big.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 HYBRID LIMITED
182 Posts
LOVE IT!! Ordered mine yesterday, and the remote from Amazon...

I dont like the hole drilled in the Fuse box...

I think, when it arrives, I would get a file a put a small Notch in the side of the plastic fuse box, wherever the wire would exit ....

Also, I would get a small ( 1/4 ) rubber hose, and feed the wires through it by the Fender (esp. ) for a cleaner look...
I made a notch in the cover for mine. Originally I was going to drill a hole then cut slit to the hole and cut a slit into a rubber grommet but I forgot my drill....The other way was to cut the wire and reconnect with bullet style wire connectors but I still needed the drill.

·
Registered
536 Posts
You GOT IT!!

I was going to notch the fuse box...

NOW
I'll notch the cover, like you suggested!!!

To go back to stock, you just get a new cover....

Perfect

·
Registered
75 Posts
I wouldn’t hesitate drilling a small hole in the fuse box cover. You can always just seal the hole with silicone if you’re really worried about it. I ordered the DIY kit and I’m going to attempt to wire it through the firewall to an interior switch. I got one of these:

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE Premium
148 Posts
Please guys show pictures of installation. People like me will greatly appreciate it :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Will post some pictures, but here is the message from Ben:

Still waiting .....

This past Sunday I sent the below message out to some other customers that are also waiting on their set. I have still don't have an ETA for the package - but I will let you know as soon as I have it!

I wanted to provide you with an update on shipping out your FACTOR4 Grille Lights.

I am currently awaiting a shipment of the LED components that I need to finish your set. When I released these lights earlier this month, I had always been able to get a quick resupply (within days) from my US based electronics supplier. With a lot of interest in the lights, as I went to order more LED components to finish all the lights, I was notified by my supplier that they were also out of stock and they were waiting for a shipment to come in from their factory in Taiwan.

Over the past two weeks, I have been working with my supplier to get them to expedite a UPS shipment directly from their factory to me. Yesterday, I received a tracking number for that shipment, but it has not yet started moving. Once I have an ETA for that shipment, I will provide you with an estimated shipping date to you.

Needless to say, I am as eager to receive this shipment, as you are getting your lights. Everything else is ready for your lights, so as soon as I receive the components I will be able to get the lights to you in a matter of days. I will be upgrading the shipping to UPS to make sure they get to you as fast as possible.

Thanks for your patience with me as I’m working through this supply chain issue and know that I’m doing everything I can to get the lights to you as soon as possible!

If you have any questions or concerns – please feel free to contact me!

41 - 60 of 102 Posts