Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Other option is to find a way through the firewall and connect to the interior fuse box.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE Premium
148 Posts
Question - Will these lights interfere with the radio?

I had some led lights in the past that were messing with the FM radio stations.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I wouldn’t hesitate drilling a small hole in the fuse box cover. You can always just seal the hole with silicone if you’re really worried about it. I ordered the DIY kit and I’m going to attempt to wire it through the firewall to an interior switch. I got one of these:

View attachment 158487
Wouldn't it be easier just to get the remote?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wouldn't it be easier just to get the remote?
Easier for sure - but to me, the remote is a ghetto workaround for something that’s (hopefully) not that hard to do the right way. Like do you really want to me messing around with a remote or iPhone app every time you get in the car?

But we’ll see next week when I get the lights... If it works, I’ll try to post a quick tutorial.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota RAV4 Limited Hybrid
134 Posts
Easier for sure - but to me, the remote is a ghetto workaround for something that’s (hopefully) not that hard to do the right way. Like do you really want to me messing around with a remote or iPhone app every time you get in the car?

But we’ll see next week when I get the lights... If it works, I’ll try to post a quick tutorial.
The remote is only necessary to change lighting modes, no app involved. If you have it set to your liking, it will automatically turn on when the car is started/in Ready.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ya still on fence for the remote worried I will not use it much and additional failure point...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I’m pretty sure the remote is just this:

You can always buy it separately if you want want to add it later.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nice, ya I saw those but decided to go with Factor4 ones that replace the slim plastic pieces just below the bonnet with ones that have the LEDs in them. I'll post pic once I install them.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I want this so bad.
How did you do the hole on the fuse box?

I also have a white RAV4 and I’m debating if I should go white or yellow lights
Mine is coming TODAY !!
rubber-grommets.jpg
My Plan is to drill a hole in the fuse box top cover, cut a slit in in and use a rubber grommet. ( If I want to revert back to stock, I'm sure the fuse box top cover is cheap to replace )

61 - 80 of 102 Posts