Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 sport with a non jbl stereo it seems like there might be an amp somewhere it sounds good for factory. I want to disconnect the factory amp and get a better amp to drive my infinity perfects components. I am also installing a dvd player JVC with the factory controls.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would normally doubt it but I am almost sure there is a factory amp or they have the best factory system I have heard. I read that post in my search and couldnt actually find the location in any of my reading I was hoping someone would know.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
There might be an amp behind the radio dash as I see a diagram with an amp for Part Number: 8865042130 (fits RAV4 - 2001 to 2005)

#8865042130: Toyota. AMPLIFIER ASSEMBLY, AIR CONDITIONER, No.1. AMPLIFIER

I left mine there when I installed my Pioneer radio. There was a bunch of wires from the back of the factory radio which I wonder what it was for. The wiring harness connects to two of the wires but another set of wires had to be for the amp. I do not have a JBL radio so it is not a JBL amp. You can judge for yourself.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,529 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know it's an old post but replacing my stock radio in 2010 RAV4, I think the amp for factory radio is within the head unit itself as the back of the unit is like a heatsink. I could be wrong. Lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts