Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if this is a common problem. I've had 2 RAV4s, an 01 and an 05, and they both had a broken right rear coil spring, with the break in the same place near the top

Rav Spring.jpg .

The guy in this video had the exact same problem on his 03

·
Registered
14 Posts
Interesting I just saw this. I just had mine replaced on a 2002 4WD last week in the right rear, same exact location as to where it snapped.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, there is definitely something going on with that spring. How many miles did you have on yours?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, there is definitely something going on with that spring. How many miles did you have on yours?

119,000. Ended up obviously replacing the other rear spring as well, and the sway bar links on each side.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I noticed it on my 01 around 90K but it could have been broken for a while before that, I went another 10K or so on it before I sold it, never replaced it, but the new owner did. My 05 had around 75K when I noticed it, plan to keep driving as is as long as I can. Don't really feel it, and it's high enough on the coil that it's still captured by the spring perch so I don't think it's going to fall out unless I go airborne.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts