Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Mudflaps are always a toss up for me. They do help keep the vehilcle cleaner, but I'm never crazy about how they look.
After I pick my sport up next week, I'll see how splattered it actually gets before deciding whether to bother with them.

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
The mudguards Toyota's offering this time around aren't color-keyed -- what I've seen only come in black. I'd much rather have flaps that match the color of the vehicle.

Captured from from the RAV4 eBrochure -- $79 MSRP installed.

I like the idea that they help protect the flanks and underside of the car from water, mud and debris flying up off the tires (and probably throw up less spray at the cars behind you), but I'm sure they affect aerodynamics.

E

·
0 Posts
flyingn said:
has anyone seen these on a RAV?? They are not cheap and wonder how they look?? Are they worth the $$ Toyota wants??

Frank
I ordered the Mud Guards and the auto dimming mirror with compass. They have the gards but not the mirror. When the mirror comes in than I will have both installed. I just bought a pressure washer today to keep the wheels and fender wells clean. One reason I chose the sport was for the fender flairs which also keep the Rav a little cleaner. I am amazed how big the sub woofer is on the back door.

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
I'd rather not have flexible plastic painted... might look good right after it's done, but I'd be afraid the color would crack and chip off at the slightest flex.

E

·
0 Posts
hit_the _road said:
Mudflaps are always a toss up for me. They do help keep the vehilcle cleaner, but I'm never crazy about how they look.
After I pick my sport up next week, I'll see how splattered it actually gets before deciding whether to bother with them.

This is what they look like on the Sport.

H

·
0 Posts
Yeah...but mine is Red. Only thing I've found is (depending on how
flexible they are) if you're in deep snow they flex one way. Then if
you have to back up, they have a tough time re-flexing the other way.
Not an everyday situation, but it happens once in awhile. My folks
have a Highlander with matching factory mudflaps and that still gets pretty splattered up with road slop in the winter.

L

·
0 Posts
Just a tip...you can always find the factory options sold by dealers cheaper on ebay. I've always bought mudguards on ebay, and I look for a seller that is an actual Toyota dealer. There is a dealer right now selling some for 49.50 + shipping.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Color coded wouldn't have the contrast that the rav4 so desparately needs. Colored body with black feet?...the Black tint on the windows, black trim, black roofrack help make the transition much more subtle.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Are mudguards necessary?

Looks aside, do you think it's necessary to get mudguards? The salesman said that the Rav rides low enough to the ground that leaving them off isn't a big deal, plus he said that this model uses special paint to guard against chips.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts