Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you still get the rear door wing/spoiler that was available from Toyota for the 2000 Rav ?
I know there are after market ones available but I'd prefer the factory one if I could get it .

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine has the factory unit on it. According to my research (I'm not the original owner) it came from the factory that way.

I've got it off the car temporarily because it was making such a racket. Seems the tips of the wing were flexing in the wind and hitting against the top of the rear door. Really annoying. I haven't quite figured out what to do about it yet.

I've pretty much got to put it back on because of the mounting holes in the rear door, but I'm not too crazy about having to live with that noise. Seems like a bad design to me, but what do I know...

Bill

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill , why don't you heat the spoiler ends with a heat gun and turn the them up so they don't make contact ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Doggone, ccaddy, that answer was right in front of my face and I never saw it. Thank you.

I thought of all these other ways to fix the problem - shims between the wing and the mounting standards, plastic or rubber insulation on the ends of the wings, even considered hot gluing the ends of the wings to the car...

But I never thought of heating & bending the wing tips. Man, do I feel like a dummy. Thanks for posting that suggestion.

I've got a big ol' Wagner heat gun that'll be the right tool for the job. Hopefully the plastic will take it and not break on me. I'll keep you posted.

Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts