Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The printed Factory Service Manuals for the 2006 Rav4 are not available in Canada yet but they are now available in the US. I called the Toyota Technical Information Materials Distribution Center today (1-800-622-2033) and got the following information:

Repair Manual 1: Engine $131.59
Repair Manual 2: Fuel and Emmisions $131.59
Repair Manual 3: Supsension: $131.59
Repair Manual 4: Cruise , Audio, etc $131.59
Electrical Wiring Diagram: $89.72

I normally buy all of the factory service manuals for my vehicles but I can see that this is becoming an expensive habit. On the other hand, the manuals have always paid for themselves in the past because they let me do my own work on the car instead of paying someone else. Even if I wanted to, I can't subscribe to the the on-line information instead www.techinfo.toyota.com because it is not available to consumers in Canada and they require a US address credit card to subscribe to the USA site. I also think that the on-line version would end up costing substantially more over the life of the vehicle.

If anyone finds the manuals at a lower price, please post the source.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Harold, not that this helps you folks outside the US, but I downloaded pretty much everything that I needed, about 20Mb of data in just a couple hours for $10, if I need something else, another $10 wouldn't be a bad investment. Anyone registering would get until the midnight the following day to have access for the $10 fee. A broadband connection helps, too. The biggest issue was picking and choosing the files I wanted, not the actual download time.

Tim

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
Gah! I don't remember having to pay that much for my 4.2 Toyota Repair Manuals! :shock:

Guess I'll have do the download thing this time... :?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
So, do we have to order from the Main Office at full IMSRP (Inflated MSRP)?

Or can we go through a dealer and attempt to get a discount that way?

Has anyone tried to get a set of manuals worked into the purchase price?

John Davies
Spokane WA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts