Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer is in the process of transferring my R4H here so I don't have it yet and even when cars do have some factory tint sometimes it's hard to tell. So my question is i bought a 2017 base R4H XLE. Does anyone know if factory tint is standard? The tinting laws in IL where i live are pretty complex and they have different rules for what you can do based upon if factory tint is on the windows or not. I'm actually hoping it doesn't come with factory tint but if it does then it does.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The dealer is in the process of transferring my R4H here so I don't have it yet and even when cars do have some factory tint sometimes it's hard to tell. So my question is i bought a 2017 base R4H XLE. Does anyone know if factory tint is standard? The tinting laws in IL where i live are pretty complex and they have different rules for what you can do based upon if factory tint is on the windows or not. I'm actually hoping it doesn't come with factory tint but if it does then it does.
In Canada, the RAV4H XLE comes with factory tint yes, I suppose it's the same in USA.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have never heard of tint laws applying to factory tint. Now if you went and added tint to the non-tinted driver/passenger windows then, yes, those would be subject to the laws.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The R4H and gas version of the XLE and up both have tinted windows but not on the front door windows. I just had my front door windows tinted with 25% and it matched the other factory tint perfectly on my 2017 RAV4 XLE.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Front windows: no tint
Rear windows: yes tint
What part of NM are you from? I'm heading down home to Albuquerque to visit my mom and friends later this week! :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are there any specs, specifically UV rejection, for the factory tints?
No UV protection, its actually called privacy glass and does nothing to prevent UV or heat. IIRC, its about 15% or 20% on a tint scale. I went ahead and tinted my rear windows 5% because well, florida lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts