Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2015 Rav4 Limited. My question is; are the tires that come from the factory good/decent snow tires or should I be considering new snow tires for this upcoming winter? Thank you:)

·
Super Moderator
11,507 Posts
I have no experience driving in snow but I will say this.......factory tires are generally all season and absolute rubbish. In my uneducated opinion you should be looking for winter wheels and tires right now. Keep in mind that your TPMS light will come on all winter unless you equip the winter tires with sensors and have them programmed to your car......at added expense.

There are several folks from Colorado here that can advise you far better than I.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The Toyo A20s that came on our RAV lose traction in snow and ice fairly easily and do not inspire much if any confidence. I recommend getting a set of dedicated snow tires if you expect to deal with winter conditions at their worst on a regular basis.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Toyota use a variety of tires as "factory tires" on the rav4 so its impossible to comment. I have michelins on my rav4. Look up your tires on tirerack and see how others rate them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess it would help to know what kind of tires they are. I don't know too much about cars, so please forgive my ignorance!

Bridgestone Dueler H/T 687

I've looked up the tires on tire rack and they do not have the best reviews/performance as an all season tire. Thank you all for the feedback.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
The Toyo A20s that came on our RAV lose traction in snow and ice fairly easily and do not inspire much if any confidence. I recommend getting a set of dedicated snow tires if you expect to deal with winter conditions at their worst on a regular basis.

What he said!

While RAV's come with AWD - which can be a boon in snowy conditions, a good set of dedicated ice/winter tires will help maintain traction in slippery conditions that much more.

Studded winter tires will help you maintain traction even better. ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts