Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both of these tires are really new by both companies, so it's hard to find good comparisons on the two. Plan on getting size 245/65/R17. My priorities are how they handle in the snow, weight/MPG, looks and road noise. Both are rated great in the snow and weigh almost the same so looking for people's thoughts on MPG and road noise. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I went with 245/70/16 AT3s based on the reputation of the AT2s, the more aggressive sidewall, and the 65k mike warranty.

Toyo website lists the 245/65s as 34 lbs. Avg mpg is about 24-25 for mixed driving. I can’t comment on handling in the snow here in Texas, but my wife says they handle better thank stock. I heard minimal increase in road noise compared to factory tires, but I also drive a Jeep on 37” MTs so my tolerance to road noise is probably higher than most. Lastly, I’ll add that toyos seem to be much more common than the wildpeaks, at least in the Jeep world. Having said that, I’ve never owned or even ridden on the falkens so I cant say anything bad about them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Which tire did you get? I am also debating btw those two. Will go for a 235/65r17 bc they are rated XL load.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Both of these tires are really new by both companies, so it's hard to find good comparisons on the two. Plan on getting size 245/65/R17. My priorities are how they handle in the snow, weight/MPG, looks and road noise. Both are rated great in the snow and weigh almost the same so looking for people's thoughts on MPG and road noise. Thanks!
The AT Trail is really made specifically for these applications, the lower weight will help with handling and gas mileage.

·
Registered
2019 Super White XLE AWD
20 Posts
I upgraded to the Wildpeak AT Trail in 245/65-17. I can't comment on snow, but …
  • Weight: I've noticed a slight difference in acceleration when in Eco mode. Doesn't seem any different in Normal. I hadn't been paying attention to MPG prior to testing them (fail on my part), but I'm now averaging 25 MPG around town.
  • Looks: I love the look. It gives the RAV a much more trail-ready appearance for sure. Also, going to 245 filled out the stance a bit. It's small, but noticeable if you're looking for it.
  • Road noise: No discernible difference with my ears.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Since there are so many OEM version installed, can the inclusion of the before tire when comparing things like road noise. For that matter, any comparison would benefit from the before tire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts