Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2005 a few weeks ago. Love the RAV4. The radio reception is the WORST I've seen in any car in 20 years. In my weird way, I was sitting here looking at the 2005 RAV4 brochure (I'm a packrat).

In every single image, the car is shown with a retractable antenna -- either that, or the antenna is intentionally removed, but I really think it's the former. Is that part of the JBL system, or just an out and out lie?

Wayne

E

·
0 Posts
Wayne said:
I just got my 2005 a few weeks ago. Love the RAV4. The radio reception is the WORST I've seen in any car in 20 years. In my weird way, I was sitting here looking at the 2005 RAV4 brochure (I'm a packrat).

In every single image, the car is shown with a retractable antenna -- either that, or the antenna is intentionally removed, but I really think it's the former. Is that part of the JBL system, or just an out and out lie?

Wayne
I think a lot of people physically remove the antenna for pictures, or have the antenna airbrushed out afterwards.

Hmmm... you're having reception issues too, eh? I've had recpetion problems since day one. Picking up stations over 100 miles away is the biggest problem, so I'll just stick to the local stations and my iPod for now. :(

I

·
0 Posts
i know in an old car i had removing the aerial and wrapping a bit of tin foil around the screw helped the reception as it just made the connection that bit better, not sure on the rav baing a new owner.

P

·
0 Posts
Antenna

I noticed that too in the RAV4 dealer booklet. It looks like someone unscrewed the antenna for all those booklet photos, which gives the false impression that the antenna is retractable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts