Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Rav 4 Limited V6 While gone, a mouse hauled a pile of dry cat food into the what I would call the heater fan box. When I pulled out the filter, a bunch of it fell down into the fan and the area below it. I don't know how much is in there but it seems to be affecting the window defroster the most. I was able to get what I could out of the area above the fan.

Anyone with actual experience with this? Is it possible to remove the fan box and get that stuff outta there. If I took it to the dealer what would they do?

What a mess. :frown

·
Super Moderator
10,150 Posts
Have you taken the fan itself out?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I guess that is part of the question, how does one get it out. Would a good manual have that? If so what might be a good manual to buy.

·
Super Moderator
10,150 Posts
What book? All you need is your thumbs and a Phillips.I just took a quick look at ours. Popped down the panel above the passenger's feet with my thumbs - looks like the blower drops out with three or four screws and unplugging the power wire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for taking a look. I'll give that a try and report back. There seems to be a tab of sorts too in front there.

·
Super Moderator
10,150 Posts
That's what your thumbs are for! Push the tabs forward. Drop the panel down.

Reactions: Sagebum
1 - 6 of 6 Posts