Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the whole manual, there is no information on how to change the temperature readings from F to Celcius.. :(

J

·
0 Posts
I don't own a RAV4, so this is just a guess.
Did you try holding the button in for a real long time?
I know on some other brands thatis the way it is done.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice.. unfortunatelly there is no specific button to have it pressed... I think is a combination of different buttons because the temp is always there, and you don't have to push a button to show it.

J

·
0 Posts
vallesj said:
Thanks for the advice.. unfortunatelly there is no specific button to have it pressed... I think is a combination of different buttons because the temp is always there, and you don't have to push a button to show it.
I guess I was thinking how some vehicles can change from Km to mph.
Hope someone can help you on that as that would be frustrating indeed.
Ken

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I am waiting for an answer from the customer support from toyota.com

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Responses from Toyota :(

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

We apologize, unfortunately we don't have an option available that will allow you to change your outside temperature, and air conditioning readings from Farenheit to Celsius. We also do not recommend modifying our vehicles from their original factory specifications.

Modifications could affect the vehicle's performance, safety or durability, and may violate government regulations. In addition, damage or performance problems resulting from the modification may not be covered under warranty.

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters under file #200602140943. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Toyota Customer Experience

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
If it makes you feel better, this is fairly standard -- lots, if not most, vehicles, won't let you change the country-specific settings like the degrees in the temperature display. My Subaru has an outside temp readout and it only works in Celsius, period, because it's integrated with the metric instrument cluster (km/h on the speedo instead of mph).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts