Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping that someone can help. My mother has a 2004 XT4 2.0 Diesel Rav4 that has done 180,000 miles. The car has for many years had an intermittent power loss fault when overtaking at highway speeds.

Recently the problem became more regular and on a long journey the other day the amber engine warning light came on and the car went into limp mode. The car still starts fine and drives but there is hardly any power. The car also seems to surge forward very slightly as you are driving along as if it is trying to clear a fuel blockage.

The vehicle recovery service came out and read the fault codes, which were as follows:
P0627, FUEL PUMP A CONTROL CIRCUIT / OPEN
P0488, EGR THROTTLE POSITION CONTROL RANGE/PERFORMANCE

I replaced the fuel filter today as it is unknown when that was last done. However, that did not solve the problem.

Can anyone tell me what these codes mean and whether I can try and pinpoint the source of the fault. Or at least tell me what I can discount as not being part of the problem e.g. injectors, high pressure fuel pump, SCV valves etc.

·
Registered
8,593 Posts
Welcome! However this forum is primarily North America-based, where no diesel RAVs are sold. You did not complete your profile so we don't know where you are located - possibly the U.K.? There are forums available in Europe which may be more helpful, such as RAV4 Drivers Club ... There are others as well, can be located by doing an internet search. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts