Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,418 Posts
Yep, another vote for the V6 engine! It's a blast to drive!

·
Registered
411 Posts
33, 600 miles, not one complaint. Not a bit of trouble, no transmission problems, no gas fill problems, very comfortable ride and plenty of HP when you need it.

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,418 Posts
With the v6?? How are you doing that?
I got 27.72 on a trip to Disney World back in September. But here in town we do a lot of short trips in traffic and are lucky to get 16. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got 27.72 on a trip to Disney World back in September. But here in town we do a lot of short trips in traffic and are lucky to get 16. :(
Yeah I live in the city so my mpg hovers around 19. But that v6 is totally worth it either way

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yup, and very good on gas, I get 27 mpg on the highway or better.
Ott.
I did a 700 Km round trip basically highway only and my average was 9.5 litre per 100km which is around 26 or 27 MPG (Canadian gallon is a mite larger I believe)
keeping it around 70 MPH or so. I was just using the dash indicator for the avrg consumption,I wasn't trying to see what it would be like, it was just to keep under the Radar. My all around daily average is around 10.5 Litres per 100 Kms. but I live rural not in the city.
Ott.

·
Registered
918 Posts
It does most things very well. Reliability. Go most places. Hauls the family comfortably.
The other weekend we where out camping. There is a section where you can drive on and park on the beach. Mostly to get close to the water to launch kayaks. "WARNING SOFT SAND 4wd ONLY". Parking lot was full. Drove right up to the water. It was soft and deep but the RAV had no issues.

·
Super Moderator
9,040 Posts
The V6 IS the reason we have a RAV4

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It does most things very well. Reliability. Go most places. Hauls the family comfortably.
The other weekend we where out camping. There is a section where you can drive on and park on the beach. Mostly to get close to the water to launch kayaks. "WARNING SOFT SAND 4wd ONLY". Parking lot was full. Drove right up to the water. It was soft and deep but the RAV had no issues.
Regular tires and tire pressure?

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Still another vote for the V6 engine - smooth as glass on the highway and has almost comparatively rocket-like acceleration when needed (or wanted for demo purposes!). Also the gen. 3 is as free as possible from annoying electronic "safety" gadgetry. Am not giving up my V6 RAV4 until it falls apart or I exit this earth.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Still another vote for the V6 engine - smooth as glass on the highway and has almost comparatively rocket-like acceleration when needed (or wanted for demo purposes!). Also the gen. 3 is as free as possible from annoying electronic "safety" gadgetry. Am not giving up my V6 RAV4 until it falls apart or I exit this earth.
I agree completely. For that insane acceleration people keep talking about... it seems like I need to put the pedal basically to the floor for the car to realize that's what I want. Once I do that it screams. Is that the case for yours too?

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Almost too much acceleration when starting from a stop, a very small amount of pressure on the accelerator can result in a quick takeoff. Otherwise engine power seems to be consistent with the amount of throttle being applied, but flooring the accelerator does unleash a blast of acceleration. Obviously part of what is taking place is related also to the transmission's gearing selections.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
12 Participants
Win262
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing