Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The latest issue of CR ranks our beloved RAV4 Hybrid #1 in the compact SUV category!

"CR says Our survey clearly indicates that owners love their hybrids. In the case of the RAV4, respondents were considerably more positive about the Hybrid version of Toyota's small SUV than the regular one. They were particularly smitten with its drivability in stop-and-go conditions and its fuel economy. At 31 mpg (US) overall, the RAV4 Hybrid is the most fuel-efficient SUV we've tested. It's like the Camry of compact SUVs: understated, well-rounded, practical, easy to drive, and competent in every way."

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
Toyota obviously has done well with their 4th generation RAV4 hybrid. The really startling news in that same article is that the Prius, redesigned for 2016, now gets an amazing 52 mpg.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I loved my Prius, and would have happily kept it had it handled better in snow. Last year I got stranded in a mere 6 inches of snow. Now I too express to my husband how much I love my 2017 RAV4 Hybrid!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Rated Top Compact SUV

The latest issue of CR ranks our beloved RAV4 Hybrid #1 in the compact SUV category!

"CR says Our survey clearly indicates that owners love their hybrids. In the case of the RAV4, respondents were considerably more positive about the Hybrid version of Toyota's small SUV than the regular one. They were particularly smitten with its drivability in stop-and-go conditions and its fuel economy. At 31 mpg (US) overall, the RAV4 Hybrid is the most fuel-efficient SUV we've tested. It's like the Camry of compact SUVs: understated, well-rounded, practical, easy to drive, and competent in every way."
In the same article, the RAV4 Hybrid was rated at the top of the 14 compact SUVs listed. It's interesting that it was rated so much better than the regular RAV4.

·
Registered
RAV4 HV Limited, Prius Prime Advanced
2,089 Posts
Don't confuse "ratings" with owner survey results. The CR article is a bit vague in that regard. Its the owners that like it so much better.

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
Don't confuse "ratings" with owner survey results. The CR article is a bit vague in that regard. Its the owners that like it so much better.
That February '17 Consumer Reports article factors in numerous considerations such as reliability, owner satisfaction, their own road testing results and impressions, etc.

Reactions: jlwatts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yup love my hybrid. You can't really knock it for not being something that doesn't exist in my market, but i cant help feeling it would have been near perfect if it was a plug in hybrid. In a couple of years i expect low 30's mpg is going to feel like a gas guzzler compared to the mpge competition.

·
Registered
243 Posts
There's a highlighted area in the article titled "Overall score explained" which clearly indicates how they arrived at their overall ranking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts