Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've been through a lot with this system in the almost year that I have owned my '15 Rav. The dealer has replaced it 3 times and it still does random reboots, screen blacks, dropping bluetooth calls (switching from handset to hands-free at random times) and inability to read USB key at times. Every time I go in for the oil changes I tell them about it. The service manager and I actually had a long sit down talk the last time and he told me Toyota is aware of the problems people have been having, and is supposed to be addressing the problem.
I even went so far as to ask if they could take the radio back and give me a refund so I can go out and get a better aftermarket system. That was met with a quick answer - no.
So now I am looking at possible replacement modules and see that there are a lot of options out there.
If any of you have replaced your head unit, what did you go with and how hard was it to do? And is it working better than Entune?

Thanks in advance for any info you can offer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for those suggestions. I'm going in this Saturday for a service and will see what the manager is going to say this time about this Entune fiasco.

Also, I noticed my maps are now in a 3D type mode? I didn't know there was a 3D mode? It just changed from flat the other day. Any one else notice this?

And it didn't reboot for a good while, until yesterday. Long stretch between reboots this time. Maybe they are working on it?

Peace

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went in and they said there was a tech installed update that I didn't have. In about an hour they had it done. I hope this solves the problems, but the new service manager is now aware of my issues.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Went in and they said there was a tech installed update that I didn't have. In about an hour they had it done. I hope this solves the problems, but the new service manager is now aware of my issues.
What software version your RAV4 head unit has now?
You can find it in Settings/General/Software Update
Will be like: CU.20.14 or similar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts