Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well 6 weeks after I placed my order my Magnetic Grey Metallic Limited w/Advanced Tech package came in from the factory in Japan and I picked it up two weeks later. That was a week ago and I couldn't be happier. I bought it in SLC. MSRP was $37.1K and the dealer presented me unsolicited offer of $300 below invoice which was about $35.1K

It has the cinnamon interior and I have now installed Yokohama Geolander AT/S tires on it and today drove in a spring snow storm. Tires work great and I am heading down to the desert camping this weekend to try them out in sand and rock. I found this was the only All Terrain tires I could find for my Ravage?Ravioli? and they are about a half inch less wide and a half inch less diameter. Totally worth it for me.

I experienced 48.5 mpg (indicated) on my 30 mile drive to work and 22.5 mpg returning thanks to the 3000' elevation difference. Gravity sucks.

I thought you folks would get a kick out of this staged picture of my new truck with my family. See if you can guess the references in the shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
The car looks great. I wish the delivery times would be as fast here in Europe as they are in US. I put in my order this week but won't get the car until late August. I had a huge temptation to go for the diesel or gas model since I would get it a lot sooner but still decided to wait and get the hybrid.

Also, do you like the blueish Toyota badge on the Hybrid? That was the only thing about the exterior that make me have second thoughts (the hard plastic inside was the other one).

·
Super Moderator
11,234 Posts
Cute picture, I like it. Congratulations on your new ride.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car looks great. I wish the delivery times would be as fast here in Europe as they are in US. I put in my order this week but won't get the car until late August. I had a huge temptation to go for the diesel or gas model since I would get it a lot sooner but still decided to wait and get the hybrid.

Also, do you like the blueish Toyota badge on the Hybrid? That was the only thing about the exterior that make me have second thoughts (the hard plastic inside was the other one).
Thanks! You will be very happy I'll bet. The wait was kind of tough - but the dealer can check the system and tell you where it is all the way through the assembly and delivery process. That helps a little.
The front grill blue Toyota badge covers the millimeter wave radar sensor assembly. I like the fact it is kind of dark - the front of my truck looks blacked out and this enhances it. I have mixed emotions about all the hybrid emblems though. There are parts of Utah that I go to where hybrids are prejudiced against - labeled as environmentalist. I'd hate to see my new truck beat up at some trailhead as I backpack. It has happened. If I get too nervous I will have to debadge it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cute picture, I like it. Congratulations on your new ride.
Thanks,

We staged the picture for our friends due to these silly Toyota commercials.

With this caption:
"w00t! Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle, mid-30's mpg, 2016 RAV4 Hybrid AWD
- Jim (and Joan), after driving to where death was lurking and beating the lumberjacks at their own contest then befriending the wild wolf dogs. (Referenced movies in comments). Now I just have to get Bill to spec-out lift kit, sliders and rock gear to complete it."

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nice picture! And which parts of Utah have those hybrid haters? I used to see them a lot on freeways with my prius before but now with Rav4 hybrid I haven't seen them much even though my driving speed has gone down a lot with the rav. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice picture! And which parts of Utah have those hybrid haters? I used to see them a lot on freeways with my prius before but now with Rav4 hybrid I haven't seen them much even though my driving speed has gone down a lot with the rav. :)
Interspersed throughout the state - I only have to worry about them out in the boonies. Perhaps the most amusing ones are the rolling smokers. Course I have been rolling-smoked in my non-hybrid 4 door sedan. Maybe because it was Japanese? or they caught sight of my Birkenstocks?

Is your driving speed in the RAV lower than when you were in your Prius?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes, purposely even though the rav4 can be much faster if I want to but I've been driving it slowly lately at speed limit or little faster, must be getting older and wiser, lol!

·
Registered
107 Posts
For 95% of your trips, going the speed limit will get you there the same time as the petrol wasters who fly by you. If you are on a long trip, push the speed because it helps you stay awake. For typical short trips, there is no benefit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congratulations!

You posted a really nice picture. I've had my RAV4 Hybrid for about two months. I drove a Prius for ten years before this. I'm so happy that I didn't purchase the GEN4 Prius. From many of the reports that I have seen, folks are complaining about road and tire noise on the new Prius. I took a really nice trip today on the freeway. And, I must say that there isn't much road and tire noise at all. I really appreciate the 7 inch ground clearance. With the improved safety, sound proofing, and more; I couldn't ask for more. Again, congratulations!

·
Registered
76 Posts
You don't need no stinking badges! Looks great!

Reactions: Langutah
1 - 13 of 13 Posts