Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a pretty dumb question and i believe I already know answer but I wanted to see if some one here can confirm. Last week someone dinged and scratched my right fender while my 2 door rav4 was parked. I think i could fix it with some effort but I just saw a 4 door model from the same year and same color landed on my local pick your parts. The fenders for this car are pristine which made me wonder if I could just swap it out. Can anyone confirm if the fenders for the 2door and the 4door are interchangeable? Thanks!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Your 2-door Rav4 is a 1996, correct?

At eBay, I put in "fender 1996 Toyota Rav4" and looked at the fenders that came up and their alleged applicability. I am seeing strong signs that the 2-door and 4-door fenders are the same. E. g. see Front Passenger Side Primed Fender Replacement for 1996-1997 Toyota RAV4 | eBay . But note that the latter says the fender is for 1996 Rav4s without a bumper cover extension. I do not know the implications of a 'bumper cover extension.'

At least one part number (and possibly the only part number) for the 1996-97 passenger-side fender is 53801-42030. When one puts this in at ToyoDIY.com, the site claims the fender fits 1995-1997 Rav4's, 2-door and 4-door models alike.

This site also suggests the salvage yard fender will work:

The 1998-2000 Rav4 also appears to have interchangeable fenders for the 2-door and 4-door. (But 1996-1997 fenders are different from 1998-2000 fenders. For one, this is on account of the 1996-1997 having a turn signal or marker hole in the fenders.) There seems to be some consistency here suggesting the 1996 4-door salvage yard fender will fit your 1996 2-door Rav4.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for your reply! I will be trying to get the part next week and will update the thread once I confirm the fitting by installing the donor fender. I really appreciate your help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts