Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
h&r springs only drop about 1.5 inches, so i had to cut, final drop front about 3.5 rear 3.8, i cut the h&r springs in order to achieve the drop, if the shocks blow, no big deal im goin to go with air bag suspension

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How does it feels? I heard that when you cut the springs, the ride feels like a toad, very jumpy ride.

And did you cut it yourself?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
em said:
How does it feels? I heard that when you cut the springs, the ride feels like a toad, very jumpy ride.

And did you cut it yourself?
i cut my h&r springs so they were progressive springs and my shocks are brand new, so my ride is not bad at all. My shop here did all my work (i am a salesman at an accesory shop in miami)

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ooh ok cool! so you recomend to take it to a shop. How much you think is the reasonable to pay for all that? To see if I can afford it.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
em said:
ooh ok cool! so you recomend to take it to a shop. How much you think is the reasonable to pay for all that? To see if I can afford it.
h&r springs will run u $240 labor for cuttin and installin the springs = $100-$150 bones

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! lets see when I can go to the shop my rav drop

·
Registered
875 Posts
3.5 and 3.8 inches?...wow, that's insane. You doin' okay with your ride shorty? We've had some heat before discussing other topics. Even with my 1.5" drop with the H&R's the alignment was way out of wack. The alignment diagram i got from my shop is on cardomain.com It shows before and after photos: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/351327/20

Basically pink means bad, and blue means good. There was tons of pink. Even after a camber kit the alignment isn't exactly to specs. 3.5 would definitely wear out your tires big time. H&R's also weren't meant for such an extreme drop. Careful you dont' bottom out...especially with those stock struts/shocks you have. Just trying to watch out for your safety and that car of yours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts