Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 LE
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it doesn't permanently remove it, but it does make it to where you don't have to press the button anymore. Here is a quick vid on the install.

If you don't want to watch the video, here is a summary
If you turn the key and start the car almost immediately, the module will turn off the auto start/stop after a second or so
If you turn the key to acc and wait....and then start the car, the module wont do what its gotta do.

My only guess is that its set to send the "off" signal after a certain delay once the key is turned, and if it sends that signal before you actually turn the car on it will not work

Reactions: Lindenwood

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 LE
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 LE
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Physical keyed ignition? Sorry, but the VAST majority of these RAV4s don't use the old insert/twist ignition. We're in the push-to-start age these days. :)
Lol thank you for your valuable input. When I was deciding which RAV I wanted one of the big things that deterred me from the XLE with the push button start is that in Toyotas when you install a remote start, the models with the push starts will shut off when you open the door. The ones with the physical keyed ignitions do not. I'll stick with my antique turn key ignition

·
Registered
188 Posts
Lol thank you for your valuable input. When I was deciding which RAV I wanted one of the big things that deterred me from the XLE with the push button start is that in Toyotas when you install a remote start, the models with the push starts will shut off when you open the door. The ones with the physical keyed ignitions do not. I'll stick with my antique turn key ignition
I would take the physical key start over push button anyday which we have on our 2021 Rav4, simple to use never will you be stuck somewhere with a dead battery key fob which is my biggest fear.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 LE
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, boomer. LOL
Not gonna lie, I was kind of curious as to how a turn key ignition could be such a trigger for someone. Then I saw that you couldn't figure out your HVAC Controls LOL. Its ok dude, putting a key in an ignition AND turning it to start your car can be confusing. If you need some time in a safe space, no one will judge you

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks I did some researched yes you are right, much better informed know,
I understand, though. It was seriously the first question I asked the salesman when he was starting to go over that system. "Well, what happens when the key fob's battery dies?" Oh, here's the "hidden" physical key to access the inside and you just use the end of the fob to push the start button. The RAV4 itself generates a near electrical field around the start button, which excites a coil in the end of the fob via electromagnetic induction. That energizes the RFID type chip in the fob which reads the chip data allowing the ID/security handshake to occur so the vehicle recognizes the key fob and the engine starts. It's the same concept as an RFID chip implanted subcutaneously in a dog/cat. Those don't have batteries at all and are read via an external scanner.

No battery, no problem. Drive as normal. I actually removed the battery and tried it and it works exactly like that.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 LE
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nope. Fail, so try again. It wasn't the controls. It was the behavior not acting as expected, per the owner's manual. There's a difference. A considerable one. Learn it.
"OK, boomer. LOL "
-You

·
Registered
82 Posts
"OK, boomer. LOL "
-You
That wasn't even the content addressed in your fallacious post. But, since you mentioned it (again)... #truthhurts

And, hey... At least you'll have the honor as being the first added to my ignore list, so continue on if you must. And, I'm sure you will. I won't be seeing it so have fun being your own sounding board. 🤣

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 LE
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That wasn't even the content addressed in your fallacious post. But, since you mentioned it (again)... #truthhurts

And, hey... At least you'll have the honor as being the first added to my ignore list, so continue on if you must. And, I'm sure you will. I won't be seeing it so have fun being your own sounding board. 🤣
LOL You come onto my post, literally contribute 0 valuable information and try to troll, suck at trolling, and then run off. Nice

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is how I disabled the stop/start system.
I disconnected this part beside the hood latch and wrapped it with electrical tape for some protection, it disabled the stop/start system without showing the lighted icon on the dashboard. Turned off the notification as well on the settings.
No complaints and functionality errors with other system so far for almost a month on a daily use.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 LE
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Interesting!! Do you know what it goes to?

This is how I disabled the stop/start system.
I disconnected this part beside the hood latch and wrapped it with electrical tape for some protection, it disabled the stop/start system without showing the lighted icon on the dashboard. Turned off the notification as well on the settings.
No complaints and functionality errors with other system so far for almost a month on a daily use.
View attachment 165422

1 - 18 of 18 Posts