Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I can get some sleep, picked up my Barcelona Red V6 Ltd. today!! Was a little disappointed dealer had to backorder my mud flaps, rear cargo tray and rear bumper protector, but they should be ready next week. Also have a date with the Tint Shop to get some 3M hood protection. Since this was a dealer locator from VA, and not a factory order, went through it to make sure all my options were installed -

4WD -check
Leather & seat heaters - check
Side airbags - check
Power Moonroof - Check
DRL's - check
Tow Prep Pkg - check
Everything was there that I had ordered, but when I opened the rear door, I noticed something I didn't order - a big subwoofer was mounted in the rear cargo door with the JBL badge. Could this one have come with the JBL sound system I didn't order?? Sure enough
it did and because I didn't order it, I wasn't charged for it, salesman stuck to the original price! Nice l'il bonus for being patient. This weekend if the weather gets into the 50's as they're predicting - out comes the Zaino!

Went over the whole vehicle, fit and finish was done well, clean, and paint was flawless. Took a look underneath and all my questions about DIY oil changes were answered - has the cartridge type filter just like the Avalon, AND everything is right upfront so you don't have to jack it up just crawl under it a foot or two, a DIY er's delight! Even talked the salesman into an oil filter element & some touch up paint. So I uploaded some pics, could have been brighter, as it was late PM when i shot them.

One other thing to mention - that baby has TORQUE!!
For all you folks who are sitting and waiting - hold on you day will come - I can sympathize with you, but it was well worth the wait!!! :D

OC

·
Registered
652 Posts
lol.......... Are you excited?:D Congrats.

I ordered the same thing - Red Ltd V6 on Monday........did you get mine? :wink:

I'm supposed to hear tomorrow when mine will come in........if they say Friday it won't be soon enough. :lol:

Again congrats and good luck!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Cool...you probably don't remember but I ordered the same RAV as you. The dealer called me and said they diverted one that was on the boat floating over and maybe by the end of the month. But being that it wasn't one that was built for me it is a good idea to check it over with a fine tooth comb. Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Great deal! Congratulations and take deep breaths! :lol: That is a good deal on the JBL. I have it on my I4 Limited and it is a really nice sounding system. The thumper will shake your rear view mirror, hope you don't get motion sickness!! :D Its a really nice ride, so don't let some goober run into it :D

B

·
0 Posts
Congrats!! You are sooo right that they are worth the wait!

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions about the Rav4.

I'd be glad to help.

·
Super Moderator
1,561 Posts
Grats OC! And you're lucky to have that bonus stereo upgrade -- I'm sure a less scrupulous dealer would charge you for it instead of eating the cost. Enjoy the new RAV! I know I'm lovin mine! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts