Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got my new 2017 RAV4 hybrid AWD Executive

After waiting for 9 months I picked up my long awaited fully loaded pearl white RAV 4 Hybrid AWD Executive with running boards. With all Toyota's safety Sense features. Heated all seats, steering wheel, wind shield. It has also the birds eye view. The rims are from Lexus NX as winter rims for RAV4 were sold out :)
Executive is European version. It is equivalent to Limited or maybe Platinum or something in between.
How much? Grrr. 40k Eur (Am I crazy or what?)

PS: Not sure if you can see the attachment as this is my first post.

Pedroo

Attachments

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,715 Posts
Beautiful! Congratulations!

·
Registered
89 Posts
After waiting for 9 months I picked up my long awaited fully loaded pearl white RAV 4 Hybrid AWD Exclusive with running boards. With all Toyota's safety Sense features. Heated all seats, steering wheel, wind shield. It has also the birds eye view. The rims are from Lexus NX as winter rims for RAV4 were sold out :)
Exclusive is European version. It is equivalent to Limited or maybe Platinum or something in between.
How much? Grrr. 40k Eur (Am I crazy or what?)
Congrats ! Nice car !
And you are not crazy, I paid even more.
Euro models are more expensive, but they are better equipped.
I had to wait 6 months for mine.
I guess it is the highest, an Executive trimlevel, not Exclusive which I never heared aboat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You will like your RAV4, had mine for several weeks and don't regret anything about the vehicle. As far as the price you paid, I've always believed if I am happy with the price I paid for something then I don't really care what someone else thinks, unless they are helping pay for it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I must be tired or what. I cant even write Executive instead of Exclusive... :)

Does anyone have experience with Toyota ProTect?

Toyota ProTect is derived from an advanced NASA coating that works at a molecular level to form a ceramic hardened finish.

• Lasts much longer than traditional wax and advanced polymer sealants.
  • No monthly conservers required.
  • Special treatments for paintwork, alloy wheels and upholstery.
I paid for it so hopefully it is that good. It should be enough to wash the car just with water.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You will like your RAV4, had mine for several weeks and don't regret anything about the vehicle. As far as the price you paid, I've always believed if I am happy with the price I paid for something then I don't really care what someone else thinks, unless they are helping pay for it.
So far I like it very much. My colleagues tell me I must be insane to pay such money but I don't care. I wanted some SUV hybrid and Toyota was only available at that time. I don't count cars like Audi Q7 e-tron and the like. I'm not willing to pay for car over 100k Eur (this would be insane). Even though it is close to my dream car. But it would be probably stolen after 1st week anyway...

Now there is also Mitsubishi Outlander plug-in hybrid. But somehow I don't like it.

So I think RAV4 was good choice :D

Pedroo

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
I must be tired or what. I cant even write Executive instead of Exclusive... :)

Does anyone have experience with Toyota ProTect?

Toyota ProTect is derived from an advanced NASA coating that works at a molecular level to form a ceramic hardened finish.

• Lasts much longer than traditional wax and advanced polymer sealants.
  • No monthly conservers required.
  • Special treatments for paintwork, alloy wheels and upholstery.
I paid for it so hopefully it is that good. It should be enough to wash the car just with water.
We have a similar product here that Toyota pushes called Zurich Shield, a sealant, they also put something on the interior, I wouldn't pay extra for it, but it does seem to be good stuff and it has a warranty as well, my wife's 2yr old '15 Prius looks like new, all we do is wash it.

Zurich Shield Home

·
Registered
7 Posts
So far I like it very much. My colleagues tell me I must be insane to pay such money but I don't care. I wanted some SUV hybrid and Toyota was only available at that time. I don't count cars like Audi Q7 e-tron and the like. I'm not willing to pay for car over 100k Eur (this would be insane). Even though it is close to my dream car. But it would be probably stolen after 1st week anyway...

Now there is also Mitsubishi Outlander plug-in hybrid. But somehow I don't like it.

So I think RAV4 was good choice :D

Pedroo
You know you love a car when you don't care what you've paid for it. Congrats, it's a beauty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts