Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Well I had been planning on the wheel mods for about a year now and had some issues along the way :eek: . I also wanted to polishing her before show her off.

First a big thanks to RAV4WORLD which helped me find the rim type I liked for my silver Rav 4.
Also, I got some tips on liquid Zaino. Unfortunately the richer colors like bright red, blue really benefit from a good shine,,, but I not complaining. :wink:

I really like the nimble sporty racing look of my 18” Enkei’s 6 spoke for the summer and then when winter comes its back to a more bolder heavier 5 spoke OEM with a beefier profile winter tire.

My Enkei rims where purchased on Ebay for $400 (shipped to Canada)
UPS sent to rims to the wrong city,(just like airlines with luggage) and sure enough Canada customs ripped up the packages and lost my lug nuts ($100 Claim refunded)

Unfortunately I missed out on getting a used set of Michelins Pilots (8/16 left) for $500…
Anyhow, I’ve sold the original tires and some other parts of the Rav and the hole extra summer set will cost me about $800. Well worth it.
I loved lifting the Rav, stripping the wheels with the impact gun…. Makes me feel like I am a mechanic on the Formula One team. Ok maybe I should go out more often. :lol:

My next plan is to get a simple muffler tips and I will read up on some articles here about sound proofing the car and set aside one day for it in the fall.

While travelling to the farm today the summer tires where load at around 50 mph. Luckily I usually travel at lower speeds in the city and when on freeways over 60 mph.

You know I really don’t know why people sometimes ask on this newsgroup “Why should I buy a Rav”
It Looks Great/ Handles Great/ Ergonomics are Great/ Toyota is Great / it’s Good on fuel ...on and on…..
I like to ask them if they are married “Why did you Mary your spouse ???

Well that’s my Rav story for now.

Cheers,, Walt :D

E

·
0 Posts
mionee67 said:
You know I really don’t know why people sometimes ask on this newsgroup “Why should I buy a RAV”
It Looks Great/ Handles Great/ Ergonomics are Great/ Toyota is Great / it’s Good on fuel ...on and on…..
I like to ask them if they are married “Why did you Mary your spouse ???

Well that’s my RAV story for now.

Cheers,, Walt :D
Holy cow... those rims look AWESOME on your RAV4...

And, oh yeah, I bought a Toyota for the very same reasons that you listed. :lol:

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the compliments.

When I get the chance I will take a side shot.

I really appreciate the mods walking back to the rav when i go shopping and seeing it from afar.

As for the Liquid Ziano it really catches and reflects the light at night.

Cheers, Walt :D

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I chose to keep my OEM width of 235 and so the ratio was then 50 on the 18” rims which in turn was very close to the OEM Diameter.

I also will be trying to paint the front caliper and rear drums either a Deep navy blue or Charcoal black close to a dark Grey because the rear drums blend into the spokes.

I would love to buy a double nostril air intake hood scoop something like the BMW X5 but extruding up. I think it would make it much meaner. I could actually make one but the cost and time would be really crazy.

Cheers, Walt

F

·
0 Posts
Sorry to be a twit, but what is liquid Zaino?

Your car looks cool by the way.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I like. Great choice on rims. Color matched to boot. Eventhough you might not get the same shine results from Zaino as a darker colored vehicle might, you can still use it for protection and getting rid of swirl marks if you've already developed them. My paint is still as shiny and smooth as the day it left the dealer.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya i agree the Zaino polish probably helps with things like those birds #@#% on my car after eating are cherries :eek:
Also keeping it always in the shade near some trees does help it from the direct sunlight but i wish i had a nice garage especially for the winter months.

I was in a autoparts place looking at bigger front discs today and pads but i don't think they will fit my OEM rims for the winter. :(
So i am deciding on changing them 2 times a year while i do my winter/ summer wheel change but i don't know if i want to be adjusting the brake lines/ calipers too. :roll:

K

·
0 Posts
Guys,

Zaino is only the finest automotive polish known to mankind. Show car stuff. I've used it for years on my Pontiac and plan to use it this weekend on my RAV4.

I'll also be claying the car to remove contaminants.

Multiple coats of Zaino will get you an unbelieveable shine and incredible durabilty. I've got a '99 Pontiac Grand Prix with 118k on it and it looks like the day I drove it home.

http://www.kevin-jarrett.net/images/2005zainofest.jpg
http://www.kevin-jarrett.net/images/frontqtr.jpg

Zaino:

http://www.zainostore.com/

-kj-

1 - 13 of 13 Posts