Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh my gosh, I thought it would never happen!! After 10 weeks, my dealer FINALLY called me with some good news, my RAV4 is in!!!! I have an appt. to pick it up tonight. Yipppeeeeee!!!!!

ravgal

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OCInsomniac said:
We don't have to tell you...... take the loonnnggg way home!! :cheers:

OC
Funny you say that OC, I live only about a mile from the dealer, so I will have to be creative getting home!!! :wink:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Wow you’ve waited a long time; I hope it’s all you’ve anticipated. So did you wind up getting the Ash interior as you desired, or did you settle for the Taupe?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulation!
So, you got the one with $200 color option, huh? Nice!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats! RAVGal!
Wow after 10 weeks, huh? Well, today is the first day of my 6th week ... hopefully, I don't have to wait another 5 full weeks for mine. Enjoy your new car!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Check out what is now sitting in my garage!!! :D :D :D There's more to this story but it's kinda late and I have to get some sleep. So, more to follow tomorrow!

ravgal

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very Nice.
Am I just not seeing it, or do you not have a radio antenna? I see the nub but not an antenna?

·
Registered
230 Posts
glorybloodyhell said:
Congratulation!
So, you got the one with $200 color option, huh? Nice!
I can attest that it is worth every penny...my wife's Blizzard Pearl has the best factory paint job on a car that I've seen.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi everyone!!!! **WARNING: LONG POST!** :D

First off, THANK YOU ALL for keeping me sane during the past 10 weeks! It has been a grueling wait but this site has helped me pass the time.

Secondly, I LOVE LOVE LOVE MY RAV!! YES, IT WAS DEFINITELY WORTH THE WAIT!!!

Now, with that said, I have to be honest and tell you that I paid more than I thought I would because there were options in the vehicle that I didn't order, like LEATHER SEATS! Yes, I got HEATED TAUPE LEATHER SEATS when I ordered ASH CLOTH! You guys are probably thinking I'm nuts for still continuing with the deal but you know what, the taupe leather is SWEEEET! I tried working out a better deal with the dealer since this isn't exactly the vehicle I wanted but they wouldn't budge at all. Some of you probably would've walked, but call me weak, I just couldn't do it, especially with how hard it was to get a Blizzard Pearl V6 4WD Limited in our region! I'm also pretty sure that in this town, that RAV wouldn't have stayed on the lot for too long before someone else snatched it up. The dealer knows this. In fact, there were people eyeing my RAV while I was checking it out.

Anyway, the jist of it is that I still saved about $2000 and got a pretty loaded Limited V6 in the exterior color I wanted. The Blizzard Pearl is gorgeous! I love it! And the fact that hardly anyone in this town has it just makes me feel more unique. :D I did settle on the interior color and paid extra for the leather at invoice price, but so far, I have absolutely NO REGRETS!!!! We were actually thinking about upgrading to leather sometime later anyway, and we figured that if we're paying invoice price on that option, we may as well pay it now and get it factory installed. Also, the taupe is so much nicer than I remembered!

I also love the Dual Climate Control and the quick release levers for the 2nd row seats. Surprisingly, the leather seats folded down without too much effort. I also sat in the 2nd row and reclined the seats and wow, it was pretty comfy.

My husband and I did our 1-mile trip home from the dealer, ate dinner, and went back out for a drive! Right now, the weather in Vegas is warming up, so we had the sunroof open at 10pm with 78 degree temp inside. it was beautiful! The odometer reading was 3 miles when I first got into it added another 7 for the test drive at the dealer. I took her home with 10 miles and added another 10 driving around.

So far, I'm lovin' my RAV!!!!!!!!!!! Will post pics in my album soon! It was a windy day yesterday and it's pretty dusty. It's also sprinkling today so I wanna get her all cleaned up before I post more pictures.

ravgal

P.S. Yes, that is one stubby antenna! :D I asked the dealer not to put the antenna on because I was looking to buy a smaller one. I have it but I'm not sure if I'll put it on yet. I usually listen to my MP3's via burned CD's anyway and I checked out the local radio stations last night and they sounded okay. I'm also glad they didn't drill holes on the front for a license plate. It's not a requirement in Nevada, so I'm leaving it off.

RAYDAHS, thanks again for your taupe interior pictures! I have no regrets with the taupe!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
flyingn said:
I don't blame ya> I would have bought it too. When ya like something ya buy it! Life is short!!

Looks beautiful. BTW- the temp indicator on the dash is outside temps..
Thanks flyman! Yes, the outside temp was around 90 but the inside temp was 78. The driver and passenger can set their own temp inside using climate control, so we each set it to 78. I love that feature! :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts