Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went to Toyota of Irving and saw a 3rd row in Pacific Blue Metallic. That is a very pretty color. :D I liked it alot. This was a base model that just came off the truck this morning. It still had not really had a chance to be preped for customer inspection. I am 5'2" and I had a few inches for knee room as long as the 2nd row was moved closer to the front seats. It did seem to fold down nicely and flat into the cargo space. While it may not be for large kids/adults I think that it will suit my needs just fine. The following is the price quote I received from the dealer. To get the options I want I will have to order a Limited. :? I have never ordered a car before. What does everyone think? :?: If you have ordered how has it been for you? :?: Room to neg? :?:

I took my camera to get photos to share with everyone but the salesman was right there over me so I chickened out. sorry :(

Base Price 22555.00

EJ 6 disc in Dash CD changer 340.00
FE Federal Emissions
GY Driver and Front passenger front side air bags 650.00
RL Daytime Running Lights 40.00
SR Moonroof 900.00
TH 3rd Row Seat 810.00

I did not opt for the RT remote start 499.00
M5 Carpet mats 215.00

told me that msrp was 26659.00
invoice they pay 25945.00
my deal 24631.00

plus tax

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try going to http://www.costcoauto.com/ (or kbb or edmunds) and find out the real value the invoice & MSRP. I tried entering all things you listed and came up with Invoice = 23,825 and MSRP = 26114. It will probably be slightly different in your area (it will ask you for your zip code). This way, you can figure out what is a fair price and try to see if they'll budge. Since yours will need to be ordered, they may not be willing to bring the price down by much. If you are not in a hurry, you can just wait until one shows up. I too am on the same boat except I'm waiting for the V6 Sport model.

·
Registered
234 Posts
We ordered our sport. Had no issues on price. Told them what we were willing to pay and after a while they decided what we were offering them was a good deal. Our original salesman quit :shock: Guess I worked him too hard...

As to the third row seat - we saw one in a limited. I thought it was OK, but since we only have one kid (a 7 YO girl) and one dog (a mini-wiener dog) we thought we didn't need the extra seating. And it took away from the cool storage space in the rear which we wanted...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any dealers reading this

if you can beat that price just let me know. :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
I got the 3rd row in our base model. We downsized from an Explorer that had the 3rd row as well. Didn't use it often, but it is nice when the kids have other friends to haul around. This option sold us on this car.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
more seats

I bought my 2001 rav this last summer when gas hit 3.00 + a gallon. It took an arm and leg to fill up our YukonXL (bigger engine) and at that price every week I needed something to run the kids around town. We used to live in LA/Orange County area where things are more condensed but here in Texas we have to go down the road a peice to get to the same tow stores that were next to each other in LA. I have 3 kids and sometimes extras so the 3rd row seat and great gas mileage was a BIG factor for me.

I like the way it folds down flat. Also the way the passenger air bag is sensored if a child must sit there and how it explodes at different speeds depending on city or fwy driving. Dont want to play rock em sock em robots with the car. :D

Have you used your 3rd row alot and how do you like it?

·
Registered
132 Posts
go 5 hole said:
I got the 3rd row in our base model. We downsized from an Explorer that had the 3rd row as well. Didn't use it often, but it is nice when the kids have other friends to haul around. This option sold us on this car.
I'd like to see pics of the 3rd row, if you have any....
Have you tried sitting in the 3rd row? I imagine it's cramped, but I guess it'll work for kids or short drives...

Cheers!

Philo

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Phourwheel said:
go 5 hole said:
Have you tried sitting in the 3rd row? I imagine it's cramped, but I guess it'll work for kids or short drives...
I test sat in the third row (I'm 5'10" about 170#). You definitely can't put anyone in it (kids or adults) if the second row is slid all the way back. With the 2nd row up some, I fit back there. Would be OK for a drive to dinner or something. No way could you put two adults back there. Fitting carseats back there was OK.

However, to fit a carseat (Britax Roundabout forward facing), the second row had to be all the way forward. Even then, the legroom seemed a litttle tight, but there were no complaints. A booster seat fit better. You could actually fit an adult in the second row with a booster seat in the third row behind that seat. Behind me as the driver (I sit pretty far back), there was not much legroom at all with the 2nd row slid all the way forward. Another note for carseat use in the third row was that the tether anchor point (actually a latch for the 3rd row when folded) is in the middle of the floor, so the tether takes up a LOT of the cargo space. Except for width, the 2nd and 3rd rows were comparable to a Pilot/MDX. There is definitely not room for 3 adults across in the 2nd row. 3rd is ideal for kids (in booster seats or no carseat), IMHO. So, 4 adults and 2 kids should fit in the car for short trips or even daytrips depending on the size of the kids and adults.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Camping is correct - the second row must be moved forward to get leg room for the 3rd row occupants. As an adult, I would not want to ride back there for more than a short trip, but for kids it should be fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts