·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
They're nice! I'm sure someone will. You can probably make the same ones if not better for half the cost if you're crafty. It seems like a straight shot considering it's just a single bulb

·
Registered
272 Posts
FWIW, you can buy H4 bulbs for a tenth the price and get as good or better lighting than the HID.
I was driving Sunday night to Monday morning from November to August every week and I put some SilverStar bulbs in, in the nine months there were only two knuckle heads who wouldn't dim their lights when I turned on by brighties(on the interstate) , those bulbs are freakin' brite! You could probably get a tan or sunburn from them. I encountered a few who also have them and they are blinding on high beam when approached.
The main reason I got them was deer, I typically saw half a dozen road kill per trip and uncountable deer along the road on my trip thru Wisconsin. I never came close to having a collision, I saw them a good 1/2 mile away and they usually ran back into the woods these bulbs are so damn brite.

My Corvette has HID, and the SilverStar on the RAV illuminates more of the road and is just as brite, mostly because the reflector in my Vette is designed to illuminate the road and not oncoming drivers eyes.

·
Registered
412 Posts
They look nice.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well another big factor to consider is that you most likely have projectors that help illuminate further distance. Hid are good but you can get away with brighter bulbs instead. Hid with projectors are even better

1 - 5 of 5 Posts