Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We FINALLY saw another '06 RAV on the road (well, it was in a parking lot). It was Super White...and, I was sad to see they put these black door edge guards on it. (Sorry, Super White RAV owner if you are reading this...but, they are ugly!).

It amazes me that this is the first new RAV we have seen on the road in our little corner of the world.

Do y'all see RAVs out there?...or are they few and far between in your area as well?

·
Registered
379 Posts
You know I just realized that when I read your post. I have not seen another 06 Rav on the road. But I did blow the doors off an 05 this aftenoon on purpose too. Whew! That torque steer almost got me too. Awesome V6!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not seen another RAV, but I did smoke a BMW X3 the other day.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Have seen three: a white at my daughter's playground, a tan at my work parking lot, and just yesterday a silver at the supermarket.

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
I've seen many a new RAV4 around here... Just saw a Flint Mica Sport cruising down the highway today even! First one was a Super White that I spotted months ago taking the exit ramp. Some time earlier in the month, I parked my RAV to go into a Target, and on my way out of the store, I saw an identical Nautical Blue Limited! Must have spotted well over a dozen around now, not including the dealership. :D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've only seen one (Super White) on the road. I know there are more out there because the Toyota dealer near me can't seem to keep 'em on the lot. I always try scan for them when I'm driving around town but so far, only one.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I've been seeing the RAV 4 - 4 cyls on the road for weeks now, haven't seen any 6's. Only 1-2 V6's come in to the local dealers each week, and they're usually gone by the end of the week. Still a big demand! :)

OC

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
We have 3 RAV just in my neighborhood and I see at least one on every commute here in New England, they are all over the place. Almost out numbering the 4.1 and 4.2. It is a very popular SUV around here, mostly driven by female. I suppose the RAV would not be as popular in area such as Texas, the land of super size lol.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The G Man said:
We have 3 RAV just in my neighborhood and I see at least one on every commute here in New England, they are all over the place. Almost out numbering the 4.1 and 4.2. It is a very popular SUV around here, mostly driven by female. I suppose the RAV would not be as popular in area such as Texas, the land of super size lol.
ROFL! Tell me about it! EVERYTHING is bigger in Texas. You do see a lot of pick-ups and those doggone gas-guzzling Suburbans, Excursions, Explorers and Tahoes. And...of course, those HUGE vehicles are always the ones that park in the tightest parking spot closest to the door.

But, we do have our share of small SUVs and cars as well.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Spotted 3 in CT area

I've spotted 3 Rav4s in the past 2 months. It made my commute to work worth it seeing a Flint Mica V6 get on the highway right behind me a few days ago. I moved to the slow lane to let the RAV4 go past me. Wanted to see what the V6 could do. Very impressive! Can't wait to test drive one in the next few months.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Spotted 3 in CT area

I spotted one just today in another part of the state. Not too many so far. I think people are waiting until Toyota starts offering some better deals for local CT dealers.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just saw a brand spankin new Nautical Blue Limited V6 4WD w/ Leather & Moonroof at the Golden Gate Bridge yesterday afternoon. I've also seen Red and Silver on my commute.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I parked in a mall today near a barcelona red sport v6 today.

Nice colour.

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
RAVishing said:
The G Man said:
ROFL! Tell me about it! EVERYTHING is bigger in Texas. You do see a lot of pick-ups and those doggone gas-guzzling Suburbans, Excursions, Explorers and Tahoes. And...of course, those HUGE vehicles are always the ones that park in the tightest parking spot closest to the door.

But, we do have our share of small SUVs and cars as well.
Off topic, but did you know that 70% of the Tundras sold in the US are sold in Texas? :shock:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i saw a silver before i bought my RAV, then a red last month and a white one today. so i've seen 3 RAVs in 3 months. not as much as i'd expect...but i'm sure they'll start popping up sooner or later.

·
Registered
271 Posts
RAVishing,

If you travel through Irving, you'll not be dissapointed at all. Lately, I've seen more Rav4 on this side of the metroplex.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kendfw said:
RAVishing,

If you travel through Irving, you'll not be dissapointed at all. Lately, I've seen more RAV4 on this side of the metroplex.
I'm not disapppointed at all...I kinda like being a bit different than the norm! :)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just saw a Silver Base model at the parking garage at work today! Darn! I was hoping I'd be the first one at work but someone beat me to it. Well, the good thing is that I got a different color (Blizzard Pearl) and I can't wait to get it! Just heard from the dealer today and it will be here in 3-4 weeks! It's been a long wait but I feel it's going to be soooo worth it! :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts