Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been considering at the Rav4 V6. Might just pick one up in the near future.

But haven't quite figured out the best financing method.

Sure, there's always the cash way, right? :wink:

I see that E-Loan via the Edmunds.com provides loans at 6.05%. Are there any other online financing options that are just as good or better?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Have you tried Bankrate.com. It's zip code specific. Interest rates are regulated by state. So if someone gets a really good loan rate in one state doesn't necessarily mean you are going to get the same rate. That being said credit unions are usually the lowest rate. And of course there is the Bank of Mom and Dad. Possibly better rates. :)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you're a teacher in socal, you can try www.schoolsfcu.org. they're a credit union catered to those in education in souther california. your rate can be as low as 3.99%.

or, you can try capitaloneautos.com. they have their "blank check" loan that's super easy and convenient. i believe their best rate is 5.59% (for 36 mos.).

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got 4.85% at our credit union, so I concure that they will usually have the best rates. Unless you change your mind and buy from one of the BIG 3 auto makers and you can probably get 0% they are hurting so bad. Case in point we took our T&C mini van is for service and the same PT cruisers they were selling for $20,000+ a couple of years ago, they had marked down to $13,000 NEW, they are practically having to give them away :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
Those of you giving dated quotes... don't forget... the FED prime rate has been steadily increasing. Back in September 2005 it was 6.50%. With the last increase this month (April 2006) it's at 7.75% :(

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry that 4.85% was in February, they are about 5% now :D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Credit Union is the way to go. Try to get 20% down; that gets the loan from 5.45% to 5.05%.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rates

These rates of course depend on your credit scores. Stainless, (if you don't mind answering. understandable if you don't wish to answer) how would you rate your credit rating on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best credit rating? I myself am debating on if I should go through Toyota or try a credit union or e-loan. I would rate my credit score as being about a 7.5-8. The rate for Toyota that Stainless recieved seemed to actually be pretty competitive.

·
Registered
233 Posts
IMP99, you can try to join a credit union. Their rates are great. I joined for just that reason seasonscfu.org in Middletown. :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Our credit union here in da ATL has 3.9 60 months yo

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Credit Union 4.9% even at 72 months if you go as low as 48 months its even lower

·
Registered
113 Posts
tha bad with autoloans is that they required you to have full insurance for the car... That's means a lot of money, that's the reason we decided o use a mortage and use just the insurances options we want.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Imp99- I have really good credit I would say 9 out of 10. I just bought a house 2 years ago so I had everything in my past checked out. The dealership was willing to give me a signature loan for my rav, but I put down $2000 to get my payments where I wanted.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks for info

Thanks. Hopefully I could get about the same deal. I'll be making about an $8000 down payment. I just bought a condo in October and my credit score was pretty good. I won't be buying until July (when a CD I have matures) so hopefully interest rates don't climb up too much by then.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts