233 Posts
In the threads that follow the pictures, JoeWang 84 wrote
仪表盘看起来更新颖,独特!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
have seen all of these pictures.. didn't kelly post them somewhere? they are the official toyota images from somewhere.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
ultima16888 said:
didn't kelly post them somewhere? they are the official toyota images from somewhere.
Yeah... way back on Sept 12, 2005... I posted this ---> http://rav4world.com/2006_press_release.html
It's also currently linked from the 2006 article on our front page.

Not as many photos... but quite a few the same :D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Derek said:
If I am not mistaken, I see HIDs on this RAV picture:

Does anyone know whether they will come as an option on the 2006 RAV4? Just curious. :)
The link seems to be broken.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nevermind.

Anyways the Japan market gets "Projectors" we get Halogens. So I doubt we get the HID.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Isn't it wierd that we're supposed to get the longer "North American" version, yet the rear door swings the wrong way?

I assume this menas tha is not exclusively a North American version, but I guess it will be also sold in Japan.

Cheers!

Philo

·
Super Moderator
1,564 Posts
Phourwheel said:
Isn't it wierd that we're supposed to get the longer "North American" version, yet the rear door swings the wrong way?

I assume this menas tha is not exclusively a North American version, but I guess it will be also sold in Japan.

Cheers!

Philo
Toyota has never re-engineered the rear door to swing from the other side. Auto industry reviews and and owners alike have always dinged the decision to not provide a left side hinge (and also Honda for their CRV and other manufacturers who have done the same), and it's particularly puzzling since the majority of RAV4's manufactured are sold in the US.

·
Super Moderator
1,564 Posts
Plas said:
I thought majority was sold in Europe?
Looks like you're right there, but note that Europe gets a wider RAV4 model lineup that includes the 2-door version and diesel engine options.

In the US, the RAV4 peaked at nearly 87k in annual sales for 2002 -- nine months into this sales year, Europe has moved nearly 82k (they sold 109k last year).

But is it really a fair comparison when TMME's sales figures include 32 individual countries? ;)

Besides... most of Europe is also not right-hand drive, is it?

Things may or may not turn around with the loss of a 2-door configuration and Toyota USA is predicting sales of 135k with the new 2006 model.

·
Registered
875 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the first few is awkward looking... is that ones woth bodykit?

·
Registered
682 Posts
cant believe u guys missed the grille badge on the first one zoomie posted! thats not a rav...not even a toyota. it's a daihatsu!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts