Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Find Your Rav4 Eviltwin - FYRE (and post pics!)

43K views 82 replies 35 participants last post by  MrTrav 
#1 ·
(was: "I Found My RAV's Twin ;-)")

Becky J. Said:
We went to Best Buy on Tuesday during our lunch hour. Pulled into the parking lot and there's another blue '04 or '05 "L" parked out a ways in the lot. It was identical to what mine looked like when I first got it. So I say, let's park next to them and really confuse them when they get out. As I was starting to pull into the spot next to it, I spot the personalized license plate.

The license plate reads...wait for it....

EVL TWN

No, really, it did, I SWEAR! So there was TOY RAV4 and EVL TWN right next to each other! People must've thought BB was having a blue RAV convention. But of course all of us here know that MINE is the really evil one Twisted Evil , not the off-the-rack one. Wink
and later Derek said:

Too bad you didn't snap a few picts.
*cough*

I've seen a twin of our RAV4 in Marin a few times...enough to make me think it lives around here.
One of these days if I see it I'll try to park next to it and take a pic.

Hmmm.

I propose a drinking-game style activity: [1]

The "Find Your RAV4's Eviltwin" (FYRE) game
*orchestral flourish*

Here are the ground-rules:
-----------------
One RAV4 is great, but when put together, the fun is multiplied!

As we go through our days, we occasionally see other RAV4s on the road or parked near us.
Let's get them together for class photos! Post them here!

Generations:
-----------------
Same: +4pts (+1 more point if the sub-generation/flavor is the same)
Different: +1pt
Special points for more than two cars:
- 3 different generations, next to each other: +5pts
- 3 different generations, next to each other, IN GENERATION ORDER: +10pts
- 3 different generations, same color, next to each other, NOT IN GENERATION ORDER: +10pts
- 3 different generations, same color, next to each other, IN GENERATION ORDER: +20pts
(you might as well go home now. Any chance of this happening in the wild probably means the end of the world is near)

Colors:
-----------------
Same color: +4pts (Only +3 if the color is silver...come ON! They're EVERYwhere! =D)
Different: +1pt
Special points for more than two cars:
- point totals above are *3 instead of *2

Extra credit:
-----------------
* Cars in photo have significant/noticeable external mods (+3pts)
* V6, Sport or L package obvious on any car (+1pt each occurrence)
* Your EvilTwin's license plate says "EVL TWN" (+100pts)
* Other? (make up own rules and points here)

Examples:
-----------------
- 1 silver sport 2004 parked next to 1 green 1999. Green has bull bar: (gen) 1pt + (color) 1pt + (extra) 4pts = 6pts
- My blue 2005-L parked next to Kelly's 1996 blue, next to Karrock's 2006-L-V6 blue: (gen) 10pts + (color) 12pts + (extra) ~5pts = 27pts
- My blue 2005-L parked next to Becky J's 2004-L: (gen) 5pts + (color) 4pts + (extra) 8pts = 17pts

Fine-print: (to level the playing field)
-----------------
- Absolutely NO dealer row photos (c'mon, that's too easy)
- Absolutely NO port photos (this means you Kelly ;)...although that WOULD be cool to see a whole bunch of 4.3's in a row
- No Photoshopping! We'll be on the lookout for those copy-n-paste jobs! WE CAN TELL! [2]
- No RAV4 meets (although that would still be cool to see ;)

Scoring:
-----------------
5 Pts - nice try, please insert more quarters to play again
10pts - Are you feeling the RAV-LUV yet??
20pts - Excellent! I don't know what the plural is for a group of RAV4s together, but the name certainly applies here
30pts - Whoa. The planets must be aligned. Today is your lucky day - go bet on the lottery and be sure to share the wealth with your fellow RAV4world.com members
50pts - Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce you to our new RAV4 overlords!
100pts - Oh. Hi there Becky J.

So...who can score the highest??

[1] But NOT actually a drinking game, because drinking does not mix with driving a RAV4. =)
[2] Actually, we probably can't, but just keep it fair. :)

Note:
I made up the point systems and other weird stuff off the top of my head...it's really rough and arbitrary. Probably a few scoring contradictions too. If you have any suggestions
for point totals, ideas are welcome. =)

See less See more
#6 ·
ROTFL Tony!

I'm still kicking myself for allowing my brain to become disengaged that day and not taking a pic. Ricky says he thought of it, but he "didn't think it was that important"!!! :doh:

Anyway, I love this game...hoping to be able to get some points soon!

Becky

#7 ·
RAV party

Derek said:
How much points would you get if you take a picture of 3 generations of RAVs (4.1, 4.2, 4.3) all together in chronological order? :D And in the same color? :shock: That, my friends, I would like to see!!! :wink:
That would be something I'd like to see Derek. I think we could declare game over at that point, unless we could keep getting interesting constellation alignment fun like Kordz' interesting combination. (see below)

----------------------------------------------------
Kordz tally:
Great picture! I love the composition of the shot and the clarity.
Color: +3 points (Same color, but is silver...tsk)
Generation: +4 for same generation
Extra credit: +3 for Kord's car mods (-1 because they are not in the picture ;-}) +0.1 for miniaturization. +10 for two RAVs being ON each other. ;-} [Creative composition can score BIG-time]

Grand Total:
19.1 points! Thank you for playing Kordz! *crowd goes wild* Just shy of the excellent threshhold.
----------------------------------------------------

-Brian

#8 ·
RAV 4.2 Trifecta!

It has been awhile since I posted the original mail, and I've been on the hunt myself, off and on. I've seen my car's twin in the area - actually, there are two that I've seen locally. But I either didn't have the car or the camera. Today, what to my wondering eyes should appear, but my R4ET (RAV4 Evil Twin) happens to park across the street from my apartment, and right next to my neighbor that drives a white RAV. You always get that split-second, "waaaait, I don't remember parking it ACROSS the street..." (and then the light goes on) "ooooh!"

My first FYRE photo entry is worth the wait. A bevy/coven/murder/gang/insertpluralhere of RAV4s, This of the 4.2 flavor.

Scoring:
--------------------------
Color: 4(blue)+4(blue)+1(white) = 9
Generation: +8 (3 cars, same generation) +1 (1 blue and 1 white are same sub-generation: 4.2rev1) = 9
Extra credit: Two are L package: +2 = 2
Multiple car multipliers: Color: *2
--------------------------
Total = 9*2 + 9 + 2 = 29

Now, I realize the Multiple car multiplier might not hold - I *was* a bit fuzzy on the rules in the original post. But...if you can't bend your own rules, who can?! :D (if the multiplier is not applied, this mixture would still be at 20pts, or "Excellent" level.

Go me. 8-} "Be excellent to one another"
-Brian

#9 ·
OMG, it's flock of Ravs! Or is that a herd of Ravs? Very cool!

I mentioned in another thread that technology seems to be passing me by. A few weeks ago I was at Walgreens and when I left the store another blue 4.2 was parked next to me. I remembered the cell camera and snap a pic, then drive off, only to discover later that you have to click "Save" or the pic goes away as soon as you close the phone (it's a clamshell phone). :?

Then last Sunday I was at the same Walgreens, and a different blue 4.2 is there, so I park next to it, pull out my phone thinking "I've got it this time!" and before I could snap the pic a lady comes walking out, says "You almost can't tell them apart" (not exactly true...it was a base model), and gets in. Obviously I'm not gonna take the pic right in front of her cuz I don't want her to think I'm an axe murderer, so that was that. :(

I'll get it one of these days, I swear!

Becky

#11 ·
I took a pic around a year ago of when my Rav was parked beside a fully accessorized "evil twin" of my Rav. Couldn't just find it anymore. :(

My Rav does have a "mini-me" like kordz. Hehe.

Will be on the look out then, for future photo ops.

Becky J. said:
Then last Sunday I was at the same Walgreens, and a different blue 4.2 is there, so I park next to it, pull out my phone thinking "I've got it this time!" and before I could snap the pic a lady comes walking out, says "You almost can't tell them apart" (not exactly true...it was a base model), and gets in. Obviously I'm not gonna take the pic right in front of her cuz I don't want her to think I'm an axe murderer, so that was that. :(
Yup, it's sometimes an awkward moment, when the owner arrives as one is about to take a pic. Then again, we can invite them to visit R4W. :D and say "Your Rav is about to get featured there." Hehe.

#13 ·
Taken at a mall basement parking. I spotted my twin and sort of rushed to park next to it. I definitely felt like a carparazzi :twisted: . Sorry about the quality of the pic, used my cell phone camera, good thing there's a built-in flash.

Going to sound weird but click on "please click image for fullsize," rather than clicking on the image, to view fullsize.

#15 ·
kordz said:
I spotted my twin and sort of rushed to park next to it.
Lucky shot, kordz! To actually find a similar Rav with the same hood accessory you have. Though, I'd doubt you'd find one with even your customized grill as well. :D

AussieRAVer said:
Here's my 1st attempt at catching my twin - not even close to the same, I know, but im trying....
Almost got it, AussieRAVer. This one was just a tad shade of color away from your Rav. :D

#16 ·
Here are some pics I got. Quite an interesting last week. In two different occassions, as I park on the closest parking slot to my destination, two other Ravs are nearby. So click away I went. Just used the phone cam, though.

Here I parked near two 4.1s. I think I found an Evil Twin of Ravman's Rav here: :D

This next one, was a similar situation. It was the only slot available nearest to where I was going. Mine is the one in the middle. The one in the left, is a white 04 or 05 2.0li 4x4, similar to mine, but with the newer foglamp/headlamp combo. The one in the right is a beige 03 1.8li 4x2. Sorry for the blur. Had no choice but to pic against the light.

G
#19 ·
I found Pancakes evil twin :twisted: . It is in Brant Lake, New York.
He/She works at the health center there. When I get back up there I am going to snap some photos for pancake to see. You cant get any closer. For a second I thought it could be pancake. But nahh not way up north there is no way. I will have pics soon.

Jeremy

#23 ·
I found one that i've been trying to take a pic of but never had the chance. It's at the BelAir where my bf works. His coworker has this Rav but it's just a car for him as he never really sign up for the forum cuz i left him a note on his windshield :p :twisted:. It's weird to see green ones like mine here. The ones that i see are the L package, same color all over, but one time i saw one like mine, without the bug shield of course, but with the front and rear WAAG stuff. That looked rough.
Sorry for the pics, not much that i could do with a cellphone camera at night :roll:. Mine is the one on the right in the front view picture.

Update : Took a better pic today under a street light, hehe :twisted:, so i erased the other pics. Mine is the one with the ugly steel rims :roll:. I will change them someday :p

While on the way to school, i saw several Ravs together and wanted to take a pic of them, but i got a red light, so they all went away. My bf was like why are you doing that and i told him about our little "find your evil twin" thing and he just rolled his eyes. He thinks i'm crazy for liking my car and Ravs this much. He says it's just a car, but what does he know :roll: :p :)

G
#24 ·
One day my daughter and I went shopping, and....low and behold...there was a Savannah Metallic 4.3 parked right in front of the store we were heading to. We did the same thing...said, "let's park next to them so we confuse them! LOL!" This was the first time I had seen a Savannah Metallic in our area...so, I really got a kick out of it! Of course, I didn't have my camera that day (darn...I really need to get a camera phone)...but, we did watch from inside for a bit to see if the driver would ever come out. Sure enough...he did. He looked my RAV up and down and compared it to his! It was fun...because, afterall...MINE was prettier!! You see...everything was the exact same...except my baby was sporting her steel tip exhaust tip. I think I sensed a bit of jealousy from that other RAV4 owner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.