Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6-26-16
Our 2013 Prius v wagon flooded in Houston April 2016. (See attached) As it was our third totaled Barcelona Red Prius, we elected to change color to the 2016 RAV4 Electric Storm Blue.

A funny thing happened on the way to the Toyota store...

Our local dealer did not have an Electric Storm Blue Hybrid Limited.
No problem, as he searched other local dealers. No Blue Hybrid Limited found.

He then searched his other Gulf States Toyota dealers. His search of the 152 dealers in his corporation, Texas through Florida, yielded no Blue Hybrid Limited RAV4, not one! He checked incoming units on the ship and found three Blue, but they were sold special orders.

After searching outside the Gulf States dealers, I checked Oklahoma, Missouri and Arkansas. No Blue Hybrid Limited RAV4 there.

I finally found a dealer in Memphis with two in stock. We made the deal over the phone with Wolfchase Toyota, priced through Costco Auto, made a road trip to Memphis and drove home with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm in the market for a blue one, too. I am also finding that blue ones are (relatively) scarce in the Pacific Northwest. Oodles of black, gray, white. Blue, not so much.

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my Blue XLE in Northern IL, but when I logged the vehicle into my Toyota Owners page the Sevice Record shows the vehicle was originally delivered to a dealership in Milwaukee. Even when we did our dealer locate to find this one, there were only a handful within 100 miles.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts