Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
http://www.toyotareference.com/rav4/1996-2003
and
http://importarchive.com/toyota/rav4/1996-2003/paint

Here is the chart of color for the First-Generation US-Spec RAV4. If you see an error please post it here and I will correct the page and graphic ASAP. You can upload a photo of your car by clicking on the LINK, then clicking on the appropriate camera icon next to your color.

If you need me to update the chart please post your model year (or production date), color code and a description or photo of your car. For now this is for US-Spec cars only, I will add other countries in the future.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The information that I found on the RAV4 EV is that it was only produced in white and silver... (two different whites or silvers depending on year) ...but I foudn some images of EVs in other colors. Does anyone know if they were produced in these colors or if they are one-offs or special vehicles?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Really cool chart! One error that I have found is that the (1st Gen) RAV4 is actually years 1996 - 2000; not 2004. The 2nd Gen RAV4 is from 2001 - 2005. That's about it. Also, the color swatches do not exactly line up evenly to the text; but that is not a big deal. :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the props... the admin is going to fix the post so that the image will show up correctly... it's getting scrunched right now.

As for the first generation... it WAS imported into the US until 2004.... the RAV4 EV (electric) was built on the first-generation body and sold through Toyota dealerships even while the newer second-generation gas models were available. It does seem a little screwy -- but that is what they did, so I have to report it that way. Good eye, though!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Speaking of colors....

I meant to post this pic at the beginning of November when we snapped it, and never quite got around to it because I wasn't 100% certain this color wasn't stock until now. Thanks for posting the color chart, Scionlife, as it confirmed what I was almost sure of anyway.

Ricky and I were in Milwaukee going to an aquarium store and spotted this beautiful 4-door on West Oklahoma Avenue somewhere between 92nd and 76th parked in front of an apartment building. This quickly snapped cell phone pic doesn't do it justice. It's a beautiful royal purple with lots of flake, miles away from the stock "purple storm metallic". It's not color-changing paint though...I can only attribute the color shading in the pic to the flake in the paint. Oddly enough, this Rav wasn't special in any other way. You'd think if someone cared enough to give it a very good new paint job, they would also do other stuff. Anyway, here's the pic:

Becky

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
scionlife said:
Thanks for the props... the admin is going to fix the post so that the image will show up correctly... it's getting scrunched right now.

As for the first generation... it WAS imported into the US until 2004.... the RAV4 EV (electric) was built on the first-generation body and sold through Toyota dealerships even while the newer second-generation gas models were available. It does seem a little screwy -- but that is what they did, so I have to report it that way. Good eye, though!
Images have been fixed. To get the CAMERA/SUBMIT PHOTO feature to work, you will need to click on the LINK under each photo.

Regarding FIRST GENERATION...

It should be 1996-2000, as Derek said... (except EV, which is 1998-2004). The EV doesn't have an ENGINE code... as it has NO engine. It has a MOTOR :wink:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hehehe... OK, you got me, no engine. Well, I still need the MOTOR code. :) And I am sure the chassis code is different.

See... I was going to put 1996-2000 on there... but since Toyota was selling 1st generation RAV4s through 2004 I had to put 1996-2004 or else it wouldn't be correct. It is a pretty screwy thing... but I think the way I have it is the most effective way. I'm always open to a good persuasive argument, though.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Purple Storm Metallic :eek:

It's the first time I see the true name of the color of our RAV-4 :roll:

A

·
0 Posts
Actually production date is 1994 on

And I thought to 96 was 3s-fe the 3s-ge from 96 on

·
Registered
173 Posts
scionlife said:
Hey guys, I'm looking for anyone that has 1st-gen RAV4 brochures that could be scanned. I want to add them to our public brochure archive. If you have one please let me know!
somewhere I have a bad scan of a late 1998 early 1999 specs sheet for Aussie Ravs... I will dig it up...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awesome, that makes my life a WHOLE lot easier! I've copied the 1996, 1998, 1999 and 2000 brochures into our 1st-gen RAV4 Archive. If anyone has a 1997 brochure please shout out so we can get that into the system. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts