Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 4-1/2 months of ownership, finally got the chance to take the RAV on a real highway trip. Turns out it eats up the miles better than I expected. Firm steering means it doesn't wander, the ride is good considering the short wheelbase, and the seats didn't bother my wife and me even after five hours in the saddle.

Too bad about the moronic cruise control that makes you reprogram your speed every time you have to slow down below 40 km/h. Fine if you're on the freeway, not so hot if you're on two-lanes.

Filled up twice and got 27 and 25 mpg -- pretty good for still being on winter gas and way better than the 18-19 mpg I was getting on around-town trips. Came back and did a major fluid change (oil, ATF, coolant, transfer case, rear diff) so now it's all ready for summer driving.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Congrats on the road trip! Your findings are about the same as mine were on our way home from Boston almost a year ago now.

I've got a much shorter road trip (to Indy) in two weeks that I'm looking forward to (other than the construction!). In preparation, I've got an appointment next Friday for an oil change and to fix my interior squeak and tapping sound! :D Will be glad to (hopefully) get those fixed!

Becky

1 - 2 of 2 Posts