Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any known issues with the Primes in the first model year that are worth mentioning, or that would even make it worth waiting for the new 22 models?
Maybe I should have asked this before putting my name on one. 馃槼馃檪

Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE
Are there any known issues with the Primes in the first model year that are worth mentioning, or that would even make it worth waiting for the new 22 models?
Maybe I should have asked this before putting my name on one. 馃槼馃檪
Nothing major that I've heard or run into myself. The two relatively minor ones I (and several others) have experienced - 1) glitch where vehicle becomes unresponsive to key fobs, must use manual key to enter vehicle (I've only had this happen once in my 4 mos of ownership). 2) Hybrid malfunction warning - apparently has to do with a plating issue with the DC/DC mounting bolts that causes high resistance (there's a TSB for this - T-SB-0007-21. I've also only seen this error once so far and it hasn't affected my ability to drive at all. I told the dealer about it at my first service appointment (5k miles) and the bolts are on order and will soon be replaced.
While true, this is the first R4P model, it's kinda not a first model year since it shares many of the same components and engine from the 2019 std and hybrid models. Of course, with time, other things may come to light, however, so far this has been a great, flexible vehicle! Enjoy!

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing major that I've heard or run into myself. The two relatively minor ones I (and several others) have experienced - 1) glitch where vehicle becomes unresponsive to key fobs, must use manual key to enter vehicle (I've only had this happen once in my 4 mos of ownership). 2) Hybrid malfunction warning - apparently has to do with a plating issue with the DC/DC mounting bolts that causes high resistance (there's a TSB for this - T-SB-0007-21. I've also only seen this error once so far and it hasn't affected my ability to drive at all. I told the dealer about it at my first service appointment (5k miles) and the bolts are on order and will soon be replaced.
While true, this is the first R4P model, it's kinda not a first model year since it shares many of the same components and engine from the 2019 std and hybrid models. Of course, with time, other things may come to light, however, so far this has been a great, flexible vehicle! Enjoy!
Appreciated, thanks!

Registered
If you are waiting for one that is yet to be built, there may be unknown issues. But so far things are very minor as mentioned already. The RAV itself was re-designed for 2019 so they've had some time to work some kinks out. Also, the powertrain is pretty well proven as well (gas engine, CVT anyway).

I've only had one issue which doesn't affect all RAV's but the vibrating mirrors on the highway. There is a bulletin for this, it will be going in next week to get fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts