Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As this is the first year for the new RAV4, have any of you that bought one when it first was available (Jan-March) had any problems that required warranty work??

Seems to have come out with out any of the "first model year bugs" :lol:

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
got ours Jan 3rd. No issues that most others have had here. Don't believe for a second that first year model stuff. Its does not apply anymore. That was the old days. Manufactures have all the issues worked out(for the most part) as soon as production starts..

·
Registered
379 Posts
Nothing yet almost unbelievable. First Toyo in over 30 years, wondering why I waited so long. Only thing and not a real warrenty issue had spacers placed on the tonneau cover, and that's because I play classic rock really loud. Just hope it performs as well over the next couple or years.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Chrome on grill was already corroded at pick up time, being repleced Wed., no quibbling about it from dealer. I guess it's a long salty ride from Japan to Hawaii :?

B

·
0 Posts
Window Rattle is still ongoing. Possibly having the front window run replaced to see if there is an improvement.

Front Strut towers to be replaced due to occasional faint knocking sound.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
First model year issues definitely still DO apply, e.g., Toyota's problems with the new Avalon. However, the number of first-year issues vary with the vehicle and the RAV4 has seemed to be relatively trouble-free so far.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I bought my RAV back in Feb, not one single problem so far. Chances are you will be pretty safe from the 1st year model blues if buy a Toyota that is built in Japan.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I ordered my rav buddy in mid Nov last year and picked it up in Jan 12. The only problem is the pessenger seat that doesn't return to up position after inclining.

TSQ

S

·
0 Posts
I would be more worried if it were a new plant building a new model. Nissan had a hell of a time with their new plant is Mississippi to build their Nissan Titans. The first 6 months of those trucks was a crap shoot. They had to actually shut down the plant for an entire month to clean house :shock:

·
Registered
233 Posts
That is what I am thinking too. First year model built in a known facility is probably better than 3rd year model built in a new facility!

Also, I would not expect much changes with the RAV4 for 2007. Nobody really complains about anything but the cupholders. That is a good sign. I rather have people complain about that than mechanical problems. 8)

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Yeah, I 've had a big problem with mine - trying to keep my wife out of it!! :lol: :lol:
We always have to argue over who is gonna take the RAV.
No problems to report whatsover - no rattles, squeaks or options that work only intermittently.

OC

E

·
0 Posts
Just about 7000 miles and problem free. Alot better then my 01 Rav. I have talked to many 06 Rav owners and everyone is extremely happy. For me, customer service is #1 and with Toyota you get it.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
inlets said:
inlets said:
Front Strut towers to be replaced due to occasional faint knocking sound.
What is the function of these :?:
As flyingn stated
strut tower is where the top of the shock/spring assembly mounts. (mcpherson strut) There is a bearing up there too because the whole strut assembly turns with the wheels when you turn.. The strut tower is actually sheet metel thats a part of the body..
There may also be clearance issues with the V6 in tight turns that haven't surfaced yet.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
flyingn said:
summer , what do you mean?? Are you aware of any such issue?
Not aware of any issues...

Coming from a 02 CRV that had a few clunks to eliminate one of them was do to a clearance problem.

Attached is the TSB for the CRV relating to this issue. Probably not relevant to the RAV but with the size of the V6 and the extra torque it might be possible..

The CRV TSB...
http://www.hondasuv.com/pdf/crv/TSB_04_005.pdf

1 - 20 of 20 Posts