Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured someone had to start a thread about the snow storm we had in the northeast this past weekend.

Where I live in the seacoast region of New Hampshire, we saw between 12 and 24 inches, but it was hard to measure the exact amount since it was blowing around so much. I figure it was somewhere around 18-20 inches where I live judging by the amount in my yard and parking area.

I was gone for most of the weekend, so when I came back yesterday I had a nice 20" layer of snow in my parking space. When I pulled up I saw my neighbor shoveling his parking space, and it didn't seem like the snow was more than a foot deep. My Rav can handle up to about 10" before it bogs down in the snow. Thinking the snow was only about foot deep or less, I thought "screw shoveling, I'll just park on it until it melts" like I usually do. I got about halfway into the parking space before it got stuck, because the snow plowed up over the front bumper and the clutch was starting to slip. So I got out the shovel and went to work, and I was about halfway done when my landlord showed up with his snowblower. I managed to clear enough snow out from under and behind the Rav that I could back it up and park it down the street to give us room to work with the snowblower. Just from shoveling and using the snowblower we ended up with some 5 foot snow piles.

There are pictures in my gallery of my Rav in the snow last year. I was driving around in about 10" of snow in my parents' front yard. However I don't have any good pictures yet this winter.

B

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I was a little bummed by this storm...they said we'd get 18-24" up here, but we ended up with only about 7"...oh well. My sister in Boston ended up getting just over 2 feet...nice...

Bogatyr

·
Registered
176 Posts
You guys out east get all the fun!! Our ski areas are closed here in Washington. The trees are starting to bud already. We only got 3 days of snow to drive in :(

J

·
0 Posts
12-16 inches Here in New Jersey. I had a blast on the day it snowed. I was driving through all the snow while Benz were getting stuck. All Wheel Drive Rocks!

J

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I got about ~20in of snow in Upstate NY overnight. :shock: The first thing I did was take out the RAV, and have some fun in the snow!! 8)

·
Registered
422 Posts
We got a ton of snow Friday night to Saturday morning, I'm not even sure how much. I know we have drifts up to the bottom of the windows, and knee deep in the driveway before it was plowed out. I was all excited on Friday and looking forward to it...then on Saturday I literally woke up with full blown bronchitis. :cry: I've been SO sick I haven't been able to enjoy any of it. I didn't even leave the bed for more than a few minutes at a time Sunday through Tuesday! Very disappointing!

Becky

J

·
0 Posts
Fear not Becky...winter is not over yet! :mrgreen: You and your RAV will get some fun snow time I'm sure! I hope your feeling better too, I too got sick right after this storm, not as bad as you but, still not great. The storm must of blew somthing in I guess... :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts