Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could not resist taking out my 2020 gas EXT AWD today. Only about 20cm (8’’) today not plowed. So I have to say, it never felt that good/save. Excellent visibility with the fog lights, you can see exactly what’s in front of you in yellow. I used the ‘Snow’ switch and the AWD display to see when it kicks in. AWD was on most of the time, I was doing under 50km/h (30mph). Noticed you can even have some fun around corners by accelerating and sliding. As for the snow windrows, no need to ‘barrel’ thru, could easily cross those with normal driving. In addition, driving without gloves/heated steering wheel, heated seats and lumbar support…I could have driven a lot more, but then I remembered the pizza in the back seat…..

·
Registered
39 Posts
I put Michelin X Ice's on my 15 Rav for the winter, pretty freakin awesome in snow storms !

The all season are Ok but not even close to a dedicated snow !

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, what tires are you running?
I have Michelin Latitude X-Ice XI2, 225-65R17 mounted on winter steel rims. I find these tires to be quiet on pavement and don't notice any more fuel consumption than for my regular tires, Michelin Primacy A/S.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nice! Wend with Blizzak DM-V2's, snow and ice beasts.
Awesome. I have those too! They make a huge difference. I hope they last a few seasons; some people say they aren’t as durable as the Bridgestone Blizzak WS90 tires. It’s a really soft tire compound. I wanted the best tires for icy and wet roads; not just snow.
A few weeks ago there was a bad storm here with near whiteout conditions at times; and despite the visibility challenge, it felt like the car was glued to the road. I felt safer having them on the car!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts